Do you know, June is also known as Pride Month? This is the month when people belonging to the LGBTQIA+ community across the world, come together to celebrate this festival of love and acceptance. The main intention behind celebrating this day to spread awareness about the sense of unity and acceptance among the people.
Here’s more about the Pride Month in detail.
History Of Pride Month
The reason why June is observed as the Pride Month is because it was in June 1969 when the Stonewall Inn Riots took place. Before June 1969, police in New York used to raid bars and inns that hosted gay people. But this time when police raided the Stonewall Inn, the customers of Stonewall Inn decided to resist. They protested against the police and demanded justice.
No sooner, the issue grew bigger and it took the form of mass protests carried out by the LGBTQ+ people. The protest grew bigger and bigger. The incident later gained quite a popularity and attention. After the Stonewall riots, the first pride march took in the month of June. Since then, June is considered to be the Pride Month.
It was Brenda Howard, a bisexual activist (popularly known as the ‘Mother of Pride’) who came up with the idea of organising a Pride March. The intention behind organising this march was to acknowledge the first anniversary of the Stonewall Inn protest.
Significance Of Pride Month
- To celebrate this Pride month, people from the LGBTQ+ community, come forward to have a celebration comprising of a march and many cultural activities.
- People wear colourful clothes and participate in the rainbow march.
- They also carry the rainbow flag that symbolises the LGBTQ+ community. The reason why the rainbow flag is used because it signifies the diversity of the community.
- This year due to coronavirus pandemic, people won’t be able to participate in the march.
- However, several digital platforms are celebrating Pride Month in a virtual way.
lgbtqPride Month: Quotes, Wishes And WhatsApp Messages To Share Among The LGBTQIA Community
lgbtqNamma Pride 2019: The Pride March Of Celebration And Acceptance
beyond loveTo All The Pride People, We Are Proud Of You And The Way You Portray Love
avoiding vulgarityThirukkural-On Wealth-Avoidance Of Faults-Kural-432
renunciationTirukkural-On Virtue-The Renunciation-Kural 346
anecdotesThe Difference Between A Little Man And A Man Of Tao
pulseBoost Your Individual Success With Pride
lgbtqKashish 2022 To Kick Off With Pride Month On June 1
bollywood wardrobeCelebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji’s The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
lgbtqKubbra Sait: The LGBTQIA Community Deserves Unanimous Support; Homophobia Is A State Of Mind
women fashionCelebrate Pride Month With These Stunning Rainbow Nail Art Designs
lgbtqJosh And MASH Project Foundation Partner With Nazariya LGBT Resource Group For #MeriLoveLanguage Campaign
- US Flag History
- Celebrity Personal Trainers
- Celebrities - Breakups!
- 6 Ways In Which You Can Avoid The History Of Bad Credit
- Programmed Entertainment On Television to celebrate 70th Birthday
- Are You Interested In Knowing More About Monterey California?
- Independence Day Costumes! Celebrate America's Birthday in Costume Style
- On the Road From Pride to Humility and the Journey in Between
- Want To Know More About Costa Rica?
- Let's Talk About Flowers Of The Months
- Easter's Secret History
- "PRIDE & PREJUDICE" A Novel, Wearing Fetters of Limitations
- Chanukah: History and Tradition
- I Celebrate to Honor All Women Expert EzineArticles Authors
- 20 Famous Quotes by Women to Celebrate Women's History Month
- Pride FC Coming to the US
- Celebrating Women - National Women's History Month
- Pearl is June's Birthstone
- The History of New Years Resolutions
- Celebrity Cruise Lines History
Pride Month History: Know The Reason Behind Its Celebration In The Month Of June have 635 words, post on www.boldsky.com at June 16, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.