Multiple episodes of the NBC comedy series 30 Rock featuring a character in blackface are being removed from subscription services (Hulu and Amazon Prime), digital purchase platforms (including iTunes and Google Play) and traditional TV syndication. Some of the episodes have already been scrubbed, with all expected to be gone by week’s end, Vulture reports. The episode removals come at the request of 30 Rock creator Tina Fey and show runner Robert Carlock. “As we strive to do the work and do better in regards to race in America, we believe that these episodes featuring actors in race-changing makeup are best taken out of circulation,” Fey wrote in a statement to companies that streamed or sold the show. “I understand now that ‘intent’ is not a free pass for white people to use these images. I apologize for pain they have caused. Going forward, no comedy-loving kid needs to stumble on these tropes and be stung by their ugliness. I thank NBCUniversal for honoring this request.” Two episodes — Season Three’s “Believe in the Stars” and Season Five’s “Christmas Attack Zone” — feature Jane Krakowski’s character Jenna in blackface. (In the former, she poses as a black man to prove that… Read full this story
- DIY SOS episode featuring man left brain damaged by football hooligan attack to air this week
- DIY SOS episode featuring Simon Dobbin is TV on tonight
- DIY SOS episode featuring Mildenhall's Simon Dobbin to air next week
- Hasan Minhaj reacts after Netflix pulls episode of his show in Saudi Arabia
- Battle for Gibraltar continues as Spain inserts footnote into Brexit text calling Rock ‘a colony’
- Revealed: More people watched an episode of Room to Improve than the All-Ireland football and hurling finals
- The power half-hour: How breaking your day into 30-minute chunks could help productivity
- Mhari's a rock star
- Belfast Primark buildings clock removed as restoration work continues
- What is Saudi Arabia’s anti-cybercrime law and why was an episode of Patriot Act removed by Netflix?
’30 Rock’ Episodes Featuring Blackface Removed From Streaming, Syndication have 335 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 23, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.