A MIRACLE baby was rescued from the rubble of a plane crash in Pakistan on live TV today.
The baby emerged wriggling in the arms of an emergency aid worker behind a reporter who was covering the disaster which killed at least 96 people in Karachi.
The baby, from a family who lived in the area where the plane came down, was snatched to safety as chunks of debris and fuselage rained down on the street.
At least two of the 98 on board are now confirmed to have survived the disaster including a bank chief who was in seat 1C.
Zafar Masood, president of the Bank of Punjab, suffered some fractures but was “conscious and responding well”, officials said.
Footage showed a man believed to be Masood, being pulled from the wreckage as it was engulfed by flames.
A total of 56 bodies have so far been brought to the nearby Jinnah Hospital.
According to witnesses, the aircraft circled the airport two or three times before plummeting into the residential area and destroying several buildings at 2.45pm local time today.
The pilot made one aborted landing attempt before reporting a technical problem, according to local media reports.
Moments before the crash, the desperate pilot contacted air traffic control saying: “We have lost two engines. Mayday, mayday, mayday. It’s serious.”
One senior civil aviation official said it appeared the plane had been unable to lower its wheels for landing due to a technical fault, but it was too early to determine the cause.
Pictures emerging from the scene show bodies being carried away from the wreckage by emergency workers.
The civil aviation authority said eight staff and 99 passengers were on the Airbus A320.
Pakistani model Zara Abid, who has nearly 80,000 Instagram followers, is believed to be one of the victims on the doomed aircraft.
MOST READ IN NEWS
BACK TO CLASS
Boris confirms primary schools WILL open on June 1 as UK moves to Phase 2
LIVE: Death toll rises by 118 to 36,793 as Boris defends Dominic Cummings
‘BATTERED & BRUISED’
Man who ‘made toddler sleep in kennel & threw her at door’ spared jail
Coronavirus death toll grows by 118 in lowest rise since lockdown
ON THE EDGE
Heartstopping moment girl held back as she peers over cliff edge at beauty spot
Child stabbed as man in his 30s arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
Man, 21, knifed to death and woman seriously hurt as cops arrest 2 men
Minister slammed for sharing ‘racist’ meme of Chinese fortune cookie as virus test
BLOCK PARTY BLOODBATH
2 killed & 5 hurt in shooting at Memorial party with 1,000 revellers
Boy, 9, saved from canal ‘1hr before mom pushed him AGAIN to his death’
It has been reported that the social media star is missing and that her parents are desperately trying to contact her.
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan tweeted: “Shocked & saddened by the PIA crash. . . Immediate inquiry will be instituted.
“Prayers & condolences go to families of the deceased.”
- POV: My Top 10 Most Shocking Gaming Moments
- The good, the bad and the ugly of the Survival Game genre
- Ridealong: The Filmmaker of Grand Theft Auto V
- The Boys is a great show at the worst time
- D.I.C.E. 2009: Singularity First Look
- Dam heroes! Countless words have been written about the Dambusters raid, but a new book by historian MAX HASTINGS brings it to life as never before... hour by nerve-jangling hour
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- TenSpot: Top Ten First-Person Shooters
- The best Castlevania games
- A Brief History of Video Game Humor
- Fallout 76 Bobbleheads Locations Guide
- Black & White The Creatures
- Every Pixar movie, ranked
- Splinter Cell: Conviction Walkthrough
- Top 10 films of 2014: complete UK chart
- The Final Hours of Prince of Persia
- The ending of Mission: Impossible
- The best Xbox One games in 2019: every must-play on Xbox One S and One X
- The Walking Dead season 8: Episode titles and synopses revealed, Rick's survival teased, and everything you need to know
- Eurogamer readers' top 50 games of 2017
Pakistan plane crash – Incredible moment miracle baby is pulled ALIVE from crash rubble on live TV have 677 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.