Every year 15 April is observed as Himachal Diwas in India. This is the day when Himachal Pradesh came into existence in 1948. Himachal Pradesh, the land of snow borders Tibet in the North, is a beautiful tourist destination and is considered to be the 3rd fastest-growing state in India.
On the occasion of 72nd Himachal Diwas this year, here are some facts that you can read by scrolling down the article.
1. Before India gained its independence, most of the parts of present Himachal Pradesh belonged to Punjab. Some of those parts were Manali, Kullu, Kangra, Mandi and Chamba. After India gained its independence, Himachal Pradesh was made one of the union territories of India on 15 April 1948.
2. It was on 18 December 1970 when the Himachal Pradesh Act was passed by Parliament. This is when Himachal Pradesh became a state of India on 25 January 1971. This is why people in Himachal Pradesh celebrate the statehood of the state on 25 January 1971.
3. It was in the year 1864 when Shimla became the summer capital of Himachal Pradesh under the British Raj. Since then it remains the capital of the state.
4. Himachal Pradesh was, however, formed by joining over 28 princely states. It became the 18th state of India. Today it stands as one of the most beautiful places in India.
5. On this day, Contingents of state police, home guards, NCC cadets, Bharat Scouts and Guides participated in the parade.
6. Several other cultural programmes are held in districts and sub-divisional offices on this day to commemorate the day when Himachal Pradesh came into existence.
7. 15 April is also a gazetted holiday in Himachal Pradesh wherein people celebrate this day with harmony and joy. Special arrangements are made on this day to observe this day in a memorable day.
Cover image clicked by Kshitij Sharma
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 8, Day 2: Uttar Pradesh and Puducherry register wins
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 7, Day 1: Bowlers make impact on day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 8, Day 3: Vidarbha, Punjab and Baroda register crushing wins
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 9, Day 4: Kerala beat Himachal Pradesh by 5 wickets to progress into quarterfinals
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 6, Day 1: Sheryas Iyer 178 lights up day 1
- Ranji Trophy Round 4 Day 4: Karnataka, Vidarbha and Bengal register contrasting victories
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 6, Day 2: Bihar and Puducherry register wins
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 5 Day 1: Bowlers create impact on day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 8, Day 1: Wasim Jaffer scores brilliant 178, bowlers dominate the day
- Ranji Trophy 2018/19, Round 9, Day 1: Bowlers dominate day 1
- Dalal, Shorey hit fifties on day one, umpiring draws flak
- Column: Machado move reshapes Padres opening day, perception of club owners
- FMIA: Teamwork, Technology and How The NFL Came Together to Use Instant Replay on Pass Interference
- Musings on the uncertainties that surround the 2020 WRC calendar
- Khelo India 2019, Kabaddi: Haryana win two golds as HP and Chandigarh win one each
- Khelo India: Maharashtra sweep all four gold medals in Kho-Kho; Haryana in three Kabaddi finals
- Bengal snatch one-wicket win against Tamil Nadu
- Khelo India 2019: Fighting draw gives Mizoram, TN semis berths in U-21 girls football
- 66th Senior National Kabaddi Championship 2018-19: Round of 16 fixtures set
- HP tail wags as Delhi miss chance of enforcing follow-on
Himachal Diwas 2020: The Day When Himachal Pradesh Came Into Existence have 558 words, post on www.boldsky.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.