BANGKOK (Reuters) – Thailand reported 30 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, raising the total to 177, Sukhum Kanchanaphimai, permanent secretary of the Ministry of Public Health told a news conference.
Eleven of the new cases are connected to a crowded boxing match that saw a large number of coronavirus cases, while other cases are those that worked closely with foreigners, Sukhum said.
Most of the cases, 70% to 80%, in Thailand are recorded in Bangkok, he said.
Thailand has recorded one coronavirus fatality and 41 patients have recovered and returned home.
Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat and Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Christian Schmollinger
- New IRA no different from Provos, says Charlie Lawson
- Dublin and Cork airports to add over 30 new flights this summer
- New Fleetwood Town coach Andy Mangan says his playing days might not be over
- Indonesia election: 270 election staff die as overwork takes toll, officials say
- Gardai issue warning after Irish banks report over 1,600 cases of 'money mules'
- Report fails New Zealand fashion retailers on ethical grade
- No fudge, no unicorns: May's new deal is total failure
- Official says Russia starts wheat shipments to Morocco
- Married escort who beds 30 men a day in her motorhome says she pays her taxes and is utterly respectable
- Sudan’s President Bashir forced by army to step down, officials say
- Chinese cybersecurity law is a 'loaded weapon,' senior US official says
- New Zealand terrorist visited Israel, Greece in 2016, officials say
- Ombudsman’s Case Notes: Health Department says unborn baby not ‘recognised as a person at law’
- EU needs to overhaul money laundering safeguards, top official says
- Top Catholic Church official says files on paedophile priests were destroyed
- The Hill: Top Ukrainian justice official says U.S. ambassador gave him a do not prosecute list
- Dozens granted White House clearance despite concerns, security official says
- ‘Weakling Chicks’ Are Replacing ‘Real Men,’ Russian Church Official Says
- El Chapo to seek new trial over jury misconduct, lawyer says
- New Ebola case in eastern DR Congo, first in 23 days
Thailand reports 30 new coronavirus cases, total of 177, official says have 345 words, post on www.reuters.com at March 17, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.