BANGKOK (Reuters) – Thailand reported 188 new coronavirus infections on Sunday, its largest daily increase, taking the total to 599 cases, a senior health official said.
The majority of the new infections are connected to a previous cluster of cases from a boxing stadium, Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a Public Health Ministry spokesman, told a news conference adding one patient had recovered.
“Most of the new cases were found in Bangkok and were among young people who continue to have social activities, which can lead to more infections,” he said urging the public to stay home.
There has been one death in Thailand.
Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng. Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan
- RoK reports 14 new MERS cases, takes total to 122
- Vietnam reports no new human cases of bird flu
- Philippines reports 10 more Zika cases
- New coronavirus outbreak causes uneasiness: experts respond
- RoK reports 14 more MERS cases, fifth death
- South Korea reports two more MERS deaths, Thailand says no new cases
- Swine flu fatality brings total to 24
- Ministry reports 65 new swine flu cases
- Thailand reports first bird flu death in over seven months
- Another 69 new positive cases of flu A/H1N1 reported
- Swine flu fatality brings total to 20
- Twelve new Zika cases reported in Singapore
- RoK reports eight more MERS cases, seventh death in outbreak
- Rescuers race against time as India toll nears 600
- China reports three new confirmed A/H1N1 flu cases
- Vietnam tests bird flu vaccine, new probable case reported
- Global rates of new HIV infections drop by nearly 25 percent
- Vietnam reports fresh bird flu cases among ducks
- Vietnam has 116,000 new cancer cases every year: seminar
- More flood deaths reported as new typhoon comes closer
Thailand reports 188 new coronavirus cases, brings total to nearly 600 have 307 words, post on www.reuters.com at March 22, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.