|South Korea reports 87 new coronavirus cases, total 8,652, photo: Ed JONES / AFP|
The daily tally for new infections has been trending downward over the past week, despite a slight uptick on Thursday as small-scale outbreaks continued to emerge across the country.
On Thursday, South Korea started stricter border checks for all arrivals from overseas to prevent new cases of coronavirus coming into the country.
The head of the World Health Organization on Wednesday called the new coronavirus an “enemy against humanity”, as the number of people infected in the pandemic soared past 200,000.
Worldwide fatalities topped 8,000 and more deaths have now been recorded in Europe, the new virus epicentre, than in Asia since the outbreak first emerged in China in December.
- US Not Scaling Back Military Exercises With South Korea, Building Up Capability
- South Korea to work with US and North Korea after failed nuclear talks
- US, South Korea Representatives Discuss Denuclearization
- South Korea's Moon Replaces Minister in Charge of Relations with DPRK
- South Korea opens hiking trails on DMZ
- US, South Korea to Hold Joint Drills Next Week
- Beijing Calls on Prompt Establishment of Free Trade Area With South Korea, Japan
- South Korea launches 5G networks early to secure world first
- World's first 5G phone released in South Korea
- South Korea professor forced students to write daughter's thesis: report
- South Korea, US end key joint military drills as olive branch to North
- South Korea's military monitoring North Korean nuclear and missile facilities
- US & South Korea agree to scrap major military drills to foster denuclearization – Seoul
- Barney was just days away from death in South Korea
- South Korea first to roll out 5G offer
- How Peggy Gou became South Korea’s biggest female DJ
- North Korea fires a new missile as tensions flare with the West
- Thousands of hotel guests secretly filmed and broadcast live in South Korea
- SK Telecom launches first commercial 5G services in South Korea
- Azerbaijani Army is the strongest in South Caucasus – report
South Korea reports 87 new coronavirus cases, total 8,652 have 309 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.