|Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh and his Japanese Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu discuss cooperation amid the COVID-19 pandemic|
Deputy PM Minh showed his appreciation for the assistance the Japanese Government and people have given for Vietnam in the battle against the pandemic while asking the Japanese Government to provide continued support for the Vietnamese community in Japan in curbing the pandemic.
Vietnam in capacity as ASEAN Chair 2020 is actively stepping up the regional bloc’s joint efforts and collaboration with partners in this regard, Minh said.
The Japanese diplomat, in turn, hailed drastic measures taken by Vietnam to combat the epidemic, and thanked the Vietnamese Government for its efforts to ensure the safety of 20,000 Japanese living and working in the Southeast Asian nation.
The Japanese Government will make every effort to ensure the safety of Vietnamese citizens in Japan, Toshimitsu said, adding that his nation will continue helping Vietnam in tackling the epidemic.
Besides biologicals worth 20 million JPY provided for Vietnam in February and March, Japan will offer aid worth at least 200 million JPY via international organisations, he said.
During the talks, the two diplomats underscored the importance of international cooperation in combating COVID-19 as well as the sharing of information and experience in vaccine production, medical equipment, and citizen protection.
Japan also pledged to work hand in hand with Vietnam in bolstering bilateral cooperation in coping the pandemic within the ASEAN cooperation framework.
- Philippines seeks parts from Japan for Huey helicopters
- Harley Cooper, only Nebraskan to win two national Golden Gloves titles, to be honored in Omaha
- North, South Korea hockey players team up for Olympics
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- News of the Week: Jinder Mahal and The Look; Fandango on early career struggles and Enzo Amore makes pitch to work at SI Swimsuit
- Sister of North Korean leader to come to South for Olympics
- For Ali, there were times even The Greatest wasn't so great
- Top 200 moments in UFC history
- Predicting World Cup Starting XIs for All 32 Teams Post-Provisional Squads
- MMQB: Breaking down the frenzied first four days of free agency
- Forever 21's Bizarre Knockoff Empire
- MMQB: On Randy Moss, equality and commencement speeches
- Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino: Behind the scenes with the the world’s most dominant female fighter
- MMQB: Optimism abounds in the NFL offseason
- New England Patriots hire a martial arts expert to train pass rushers
- Notes: What’s behind Jeff Samardzija’s turnaround in 2016?
- Why you shouldn’t bet against Tony Romo succeeding in his new TV career
- 10 feuds that would benefit the WWE after the brand extension
- Pyeongchang ends the 2018 Winter Games with a rousing Closing Ceremony, pulling off an Olympics that somehow worked
- How MMA Fans Can Watch ONE Championship On Mobile For Free
Diplomats talk Vietnam-Japan cooperation in combating COVID-19 have 443 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.