Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) State unit president K. Laxman has accused Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao and his son K.T. Rama Rao of making a mockery of democracy by resorting to “unethical and undemocratic” means to grab the posts of municipal corporation mayors and deputy mayors and municipal chairpersons and vice-chairpersons.
The ruling party leaders had adopted undemocratic and unconstitutional methods to win the elections to the posts of civic bodies’ chiefs even where BJP had secured majority seats (wards), he said while addressing a press conference here on Tuesday. Terming Mr. Chandrasekhar Rao and Mr. Rama Rao as “political opportunists”, the BJP leader alleged that TRS had indulged in all sorts of undemocratic means including violation of elections norms, distribution of money to lure voters and misuse of official machinery.
The BJP had not only fought elections politically against TRS, Congress and MIM, but also faced irregularities of the Opposition parties, particularly of the TRS. Stating that performance of BJP in the municipal elections was very encouraging, Mr. Laxman said the party could increase its seat tally and vote percentage across the State. He thanked people for supporting BJP candidates in spite of all kinds of tactics employed by TRS.
Referring to Nizamabad Municipal Corporation elections, he said the ruling TRS had bagged the mayor post with the support of MIM although BJP was the largest single party by winning 28 out of 60 seats (wards). Similarly, TRS stood third by winning five out of 15 seats in Tukkuguda municipality but grabbed the chairperson’s post through backdoor, though BJP won 9 seats, Mr. Laxman pointed out.
Citing another example of the irregularities committed by the TRS, the BJP leader stated that till the end of elections process Rajya Sabha member K. Keshava Rao’s name as an ex-officio member was listed in Badangpet municipality, but in the last minutes the officials, under the pressure from the ruling party, allotted him to to Tukkuguda. He sought to know, how Mr. Keshava Rao allotted to Andhra Pradesh during bifurcation of combined Andhra Pradesh vote as an ex-officio member in Telangana.
“We have already lodged a complaint with the State Election Commission in the matter and the party would also lodge a complaint with the President and Raya Sabha Chairman,” Mr. Laxman stated.
- Forza Motorsport-Inspired 2014 Honda Civic Si Coupe Headed to Chicago Auto Show
- Exeter Chiefs hold off defiant Harlequins comeback for disjointed win
- How the Chiefs can win the Super Bowl: Mahomes magic, Andy Reid stays aggressive, more Mahomes magic
- Exeter Chiefs confirm semi-final place after bonus-point win over Bath
- On-message Exeter Chiefs confirm semi-final place after bonus-point win over Bath
- Chiefs vs. Rams: Crazy stats from video game-like offenses a nod to past
- Rams vs. Chiefs: Crazy stats from video game-like offenses a nod to past
- Agent's Take: Here's what comes next for Chiefs and how they can build on success
- NFL Fun Power Rankings, final standings: Who's been the most exciting team in the league this season?
- Today of all days, power outages hit KC as Chiefs fans wonder where to watch game
- NFL playoff picks, odds for 2019 championship games: SN experts like Saints vs. Chiefs in Super Bowl 53
- NBC Sports Power Rankings heading to Atlanta
- NBC Sports Power Rankings heading to Las Vegas
- NBC Sports Power Rankings heading to Phoenix
- NBC Sports Power Rankings heading into Pocono
- Simon Pagenaud wins pole position for Iowa 300
- The 2018 Power List – and the Person of the Year Is…
- Are There More Civic Type R Models on the Way?
- The 2016 Power List — And the Person of the Year Is…
- Honda Civic vs. Mazda 3 vs. Subaru Impreza vs. Toyota Corolla Comparison
TRS misused power to win civic chief’s posts: BJP have 594 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.