Cartoonist, playwright and traveller T.S. Sridhar alias Bharanitharan alias Marina passed away at his house in T. Nagar on Friday evening. He was 94 and was a bachelor. The multifaceted personality T.S. Sridhar was born to scholar T.N. Seshachalam and Rukmini on Christmas day in 1925. After his graduation in commerce, he found a calling in cartooning.V.S. Srinivasan, alias VSV, his nephew and a writer, recalls how he initially started with cartoons under the name Cheeli and then started drawing as Sridhar in Swadesamithran. “He used to write travelogues and religious articles under the pen name Bharanitharan and he wrote dramas, steeped in humour, as Marina,” he says. In 1956, he joined Ananda Vikatan and retired in 1986 as the journal’s joint editor. “He was a very joyful person, but became serious when drawing cartoons. He was a very ardent devotee of Mahaperiyava of the Kanchi Mutt. He also had a troupe called Rasika Ranga. His plays were staged by the Kalanilayam troupe,” adds Mr. Srinivasan. Cartoonist Keshav recalled how Mr. Sridhar brought him into the cartooning field. “I joined Ananda Vikatan in 1983 and he used to send me to the Music Academy to do music sketches. He was… Read full this story
- Rajiv Kanakala’s Sister Srilakshmi Kanakala Passes Away Due To Cancer
- Popular Actor-Politician Bullet Prakash Passes Away At 44 Due To Acute Liver Failure
- Rapper Chynna Rogers passes away suddenly at 25 years of age
- Teresa Giudice's father Giacinto Gorga passes away at age 76 after a long illness: 'Thank you for showing us all what true love is'
- British Race Car Driver Sir Stirling Moss Passes Away At 90
- Veteran Congress leader M.V. Rajasekharan passes away
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Adrienne Maloof's uncle Phil Maloof passes away at age 93 from the coronavirus
- 'This is heartbreaking': Phillip Schofield left saddened as he learns This Morning guest has passed away from coronavirus
- Legendary musician Arjunan Master passes away; singer Sujatha Mohan and others pay tribute
- Actor Sasi Kalinga Passes Away
T.S. Sridhar alias Bharanitharan passes away have 337 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.