(CNN)Impeachment was meant to punish Donald Trump’s unrestrained use of his authority, but the grounds on which Republican senators plan to acquit him may instead give him a green light to use his power however he wants to win reelection.
Changing rationale for acquittal
New energy in the chamber
- Iran Decision Risks Diluting Trump’s Presidential Power
- Pence Is Trying to Control Republican Politics. Trump Aides Aren’t Happy.
- Donald Trump’s Guide to Presidential Etiquette
- Trump says spy infiltrated his campaign but lawyer casts doubt
- How old is Melania Trump, when did she marry Donald, where’s the First Lady from and why did she have kidney surgery?
- Trumpeter-in-chief: US leader's longest serving aide and his power over Trump's tweets
- Trump’s long, angry feud with the New York attorney general now accused of abusing women
- If Republicans want to uncover FBI misconduct, they sure aren’t acting like it
- Donald Trump to demand probe into ‘campaign infiltration by FBI’
- Americans who believe in conspiracy theories about 9/11 and Princess Diana's death more likely to doubt climate change
- 307 Politics: Why Foster Friess isn’t Donald Trump
- 'Entirely improper': Anger as Trump lawyer and chief of staff attend FBI briefings on Russia informant
- Ohio: A political landscape upended by President Trump
- Trump says he’ll ‘demand’ DOJ investigation into FBI ‘infiltration’
- Donald Trump announces 'withdrawal' from Iran nuclear deal
- Trump Is Now Fundraising Off Conspiracy Theory That FBI “Infiltrated” His Campaign
- GOP eager for Trump intervention in contested Senate primaries
- Months after Parkland shooting, Trump to embrace NRA
- Trump at NRA convention: 'Get Republicans elected,' protect 2nd Amendment (video)
- Long Before Trump, Oliver North Was Incredibly Dishonest—and Beloved
Republican theory for Trump acquittal could unleash unrestrained presidential power have 1763 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 30, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.