MOSCOW — Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev asked the government on Monday to prepare measures in response to new US sanctions against the Russian Nord Stream 2 and TurkStream gas pipelines. “These are really methods of non-competitive struggle, contrary to all international agreements and principles of international law and international trade,” Medvedev said at a meeting with his deputies, according to an official transcript. Recalling that the new US sanctions were negatively affecting the interests of a significant number of European countries, Medvedev asked his deputies “to look at the possibilities of imposing new restrictive measures against the United States” and present proposals with an evaluation of their efficiency. On Friday, US President Donald Trump signed into law a defense bill which includes provisions calling for sanctions against Russia and Turkey and companies involved in building the Nord Stream 2 and TurkStream gas pipelines. The Nord Stream 2, stretching 1,230 km from Russia to Germany via the Baltic Sea, is scheduled to start operation in the middle of 2020. The TurkStream pipeline consisting of two 930-km offshore gas pipelines is planned to start operation at the end of this year, crossing the Black Sea to Turkey. It is also expected… Read full this story
- PM asks for vigilance against COVID-19
- Obama Fear of Retaliation Limited Response to Russian Meddling, Book Reveals
- Shameless Putin bounces on stage at rally to celebrate annexation of Crimea as Russia warns 'our response will not be long in coming' after May vows to expel 23 spies, cancels contact with Moscow and calls for sanctions
- UK braced for cyber revenge: Fears of retaliation from Putin over Syria strikes as Prime Minister insists action was in our 'national interest'
- Belarus will reciprocate if sanctions imposed, Lukashenko says
- Revealed: Lebanon's president and PM were warned three weeks ago that stash of chemicals would 'destroy Beirut' if it exploded - as country teeters on the brink after cabinet resigned and PM claimed corruption was 'bigger than the state'
- Top Democrats press Trump to sanction Russian individuals over 2020 election interference efforts
- US expels Russian diplomats over cyber attack allegations
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Spike Of 76,472 New COVID-19 Cases, India's Tally Crosses 34 Lakh
- Ahead of India-Russia S-400 missile deal, US warns of sanctions
Russian PM asks govt to prepare retaliation against new US sanctions have 356 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at December 24, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.