Trần Thị Trang, deputy head of the Legal Affairs Department under the Ministry of Health, speaks to Tiền Phong (Vanguard) newspaper about the Law on Alcohol Harm Prevention and Control which will take effect on January 1, 2020. What regulations have been set in the Law on Alcohol Harm Prevention and Control to minimise harm caused by alcohol? According to the World Health Organisation, Việt Nam’s Law on Alcohol Harm Prevention and Control has a lot of new articles which other countries can learn from. The law has comprehensive resources and solutions to reduce accessibility to and consumption of alcohol to cut down on alcohol harm. The progressive point of the law is to ban people who have alcohol in their blood or breath from driving. In some European countries, the alcohol level of between 0.2 and 0.5mg per litre of breath is still permitted. The level of zero in blood or breath is a strict regulation as Việt Nam has a large number of motorbikes (33 million). To reduce the availability of alcohol, the law has banned alcohol sales at healthcare, educational and entertainment facilities, as well as drug addict rehab centres, social protection centres, offices and public areas. The Government… Read full this story
- The Law of the Sea of Viet Nam
- Viet Nam's peacekeepers ‘at the ready'
- Australian leader hopes to enhance ties with Viet Nam
- Decree guiding some articles of Labor Code on foreign workers in Viet Nam
- Viet Nam, Philippines issue joint statement on strategic partnership
- Viet Nam, Italy pledge to reinforce co-operation, ties
- Viet Nam to extend diplomatic relations
- Viet Nam rejects so-called Sansha
- Leaders affirm Viet Nam eager to nurture blossoming Haiti friendship
- Viet Nam to be a key APEC link
Is Việt Nam ready for tougher booze laws? have 280 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 26, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.