With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker less than a month from hitting theaters, fans are getting better and better looks at the upcoming conclusion to the Skywalker Saga in the form of television spots offering new glimpses of action, poignant moments, and the thrilling adventure that is any Star Wars film. The latest spot sees Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) insist that they are not alone in their fight against the First Order, but that’s not the only interesting thing about the spot. The “Fate” television spot also offers fans something else in the form of the first, live-action reveal of the long-teased and deeply mysterious Knights of Ren.
In the television spot, which you can watch for yourself in the video player above, the glimpse of the Knights if Ren is pretty brief — it hits around the 9 second mark if you’re looking for it directly, but they are clearly identifiable in position presumably standing guard. The look is brief, so full context of their appearance is not clear.
Very little is actually known about the Knights of Ren, though they have been teased since The Force Awakens. What we do know, thanks to that film as well as surrounding Star Wars media, is that the group are followers of the Dark Side but are neither Jedi nor are they Sith. They’re led by Kylo Ren, but their true allegiance is also still something of a mystery. The group has been noted to be not as loyal to the First Order and Supreme Leader Snoke as Kylo. They’ve also been largely absent in the sequel trilogy, which makes their role in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker both tantalizing and even more mysterious as they are, in many ways, something of a wild card in the overall story.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is directed by J.J. Abrams ad stars Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran, Carrie Fisher, Ian McDiarmid, Billy Dee Williams, Joonas Suotamo, Anthony Daniels, Jimmy Vee, Dave Chapman, Brian Herring, Mark Hamill, Billie Lourd, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, and Greg Grunberg. You can check out the official description of the film below.
“Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams join forces once again to take viewers on an epic journey to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the riveting conclusion of the seminal Skywalker saga, where new legends will be born and the final battle for freedom is yet to come. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker opens in U.S. theaters on December 20.”
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hits theaters on December 20th.
- The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker novel might make you like the movie more
- John Boyega reveals he and Kathleen Kennedy had an 'honest conversation' about representation in Star Wars after claiming his character was 'sidelined' in favour of his white co-stars
- The best Star Wars gifts for 2020
- Disney Plus: Star Wars shows, movies we might see at Thursday's preview event
- New ‘Star Wars’ Coming From Taika Waititi
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode 11 recap: Ahsoka's life is 'Shattered' as friend becomes foe
- The Mandalorian season 2 episode 6 recap: Baby Yoda and Mando meet a Star Wars icon
- Disney Plus' Mulan copies Star Wars and Marvel, in the worst way
- The Mandalorian season 2 proves that Star Wars really can support lots of new shows
- The complete list of all Marvel, ‘Star Wars’, other projects Disney announced on Investor Day
- Does The Mandalorian Timeline Happen Before the Star Wars Rebels Finale Epilogue?
- These Black Friday Lego Star Wars deals might 'force' your hand
- Best Star Wars Gifts For Christmas 2020
- Disney+ ramps up Star Wars and Marvel TV franchises with 10 new series of each
- Who Is Grand Admiral Thrawn? The Star Wars Character Explained
- Lando Calrissian Is Getting His Own Star Wars Disney+ Show
- Star Wars 7 Empire Magazine Cover Unites the New Villains
- Drew Struzan Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster Unleashed
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker concept art shows a key scene taking place on Coruscant
- Disney Plus reveals new Marvel, Star Wars originals -- and a price hike
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker "Fate" TV Spot Reveals First Live-Action Look at the Knights of Ren have 697 words, post on comicbook.com at November 23, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.