Source: Warren Geltner, Used with Permission When I polled the members of my weekly teen therapy groups, over half reported experiencing panic attacks in the last year. This is why I am recommending a new book by Warren Gelter entitled PANIC, a must-read for parents and teens who seek to understand the causes and conditions that promote panic disorders. PANIC is the uplifting tale of a young man navigating the emotional peaks and valleys of panic disorder. Warren Geltner, a former journalist with The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News, and Discovery Channel, describes PANIC as a modern-day Wizard of Oz-like journey of self-discovery and personal triumph. I sat down with Mr. Geltner to discuss this timely and essential book. Here’s what he had to say: Why do you refer to our era as the “Great Anxiety”? It’s kind of a wordplay on the phrase “Great Depression” in the sense that society as a whole is struggling with this huge anxiety phenomenon…students, parents, indeed tons of average, everyday people and, to be sure, a slew of celebrities in sports, TV, Hollywood who have spoken publicly about their challenges. So many of these folks from all walks of life are trying to figure out how… Read full this story
- Fearne Cotton opens up about 'terrifying' first panic attack
- Meghan Markle's time as a working royal was filled with 'panic attacks' and 'stress'
- Dr. T.A. Nalian Unveils the Secrets Behind Suffering in His New Book
- Wuhan reports no new virus cases, offering hope to world
- Demi Moore reveals in new book that she was raped at 15 and spiraled into alcohol and drug abuse at 42 after miscarrying a baby with then-boyfriend Ashton Kutcher
- How Kanye Helped Bo Burnham Go From Having Panic Attacks Onstage to Making
- Aimless in Banaras: new book says gullys of the holy city are great levellers
- Gisele Bündchen Says She Battled Panic Attacks So Extreme She Considered Suicide: 'I Felt Powerless'
- For those struggling to stay sober, coronavirus shutdowns offer hope as well as temptation
- New book on offshore archipelago published
New Book on Panic Attacks Offers Hope and Inspiration have 349 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at November 10, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.