London Fire Brigade Commissioner Dany Cotton at a minute’s silence in memory of Grenfell victims in London in June 2017 Survivors of the Grenfell Tower blaze today criticised the fire chief for retiring before the second phase of the inquiry on a pension worth up to £2million. London Fire Brigade commissioner Dany Cotton, who will step down aged 50 next year, has been slammed in an official report for ‘remarkable insensitivity’. This came after she gave testimony that she would have done nothing differently following the tragedy in West London in June 2017 which left 72 people dead. Now, survivors have told the London Evening Standard that Ms Cotton should participate in the second phase of the inquiry and be prohibited from retiring. Rukayet Mamudu, 71, ignored the ‘stay put’ advice before escaping her second floor flat in her dressing gown carrying her son Tyrshondre, 12, in her arms. Ms Mamudu, who criticised Ms Cotton’s testimony, said: ‘She should not get any pay-off at all. She should not be paid off for doing a deadly job. I am very angry. ‘If they were observant they would have seen the way the fire was going and revisited the regulations. No one… Read full this story
- So much for staying at home! Crowds of people head to beaches and town centres despite Boris Johnson begging families to stay at home as Covid deaths hit 563 – the deadliest Sunday in eight months
- Hunt for the 2million unvaccinated Britons as Boris Johnson urges vulnerable people who are yet to receive jab to step up for the shot – amid warnings lockdown will stay in place even longer if large numbers remain unprotected
- Today’s coronavirus news: Ontario reporting 1,185 more cases, with six deaths; Sunnybrook to set up field hospital
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Lawmakers face Capitol threat as senators line up votes for relief bill
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump abandons watching his impeachment trial to play golf while Democrats end the prosecution case – and his defense attorneys meet GOP senator 'jurors' with Ted Cruz giving 'strategy' advice before attorneys speak Friday
- Budget 2021 predictions including furlough and universal credit extension
- The Covid Queen of South Dakota
- Police 'are told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just ONE verbal warning' as three officers 'arrest a woman for sitting on a bench' and another is surrounded for 'leaving her house more than once'
- Hancock tries to get his boss off the hook after Boris Johnson is spotted on SEVEN MILE bike ride as public are told no stopping for a chat - as PM claims vaccine rollout has made us 'complacent' and deaths rise 30% in a week
- Tories savage Matt Hancock over 'never-ending lockdown' as UK's Covid second wave continues to shrink: Cases and deaths drop 27% with 12,364 infections and 1,052 victims - but Health Secretary warns border restrictions may still be in place until AUTUMN
'She shouldn't get £2MILLION for doing a DEADLY job': Grenfell families' fury as fire chief Dany Cotton is set to retire at 50 with gold-plated pension - as report blasts fatal 'stay put' advice that she DEFENDED despite 72 deaths have 466 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.