Trainee musicians from the Royal Marines School of Music have been put through their paces – Commando style. And, if these pictures released by the Royal Navy are anything to go by, it was far from being good, clean, fun… As well performing at public events, the musicians also have to be battlefield-ready, because they act as stretcher bearers and assist medical teams. A Royal Navy spokesperson said: “The latest batch of trainee musicians from the Royal Marines School of Music were taken out of their comfy surroundings (en suite individual cabins, classrooms, halls and practice rooms) in Portsmouth… and endured a week in the wild down at the Commando Training Centre in Lympstone, near Exeter, where the Navy’s elite seaborne infantry earn their coveted green berets. “As well as performing at public events up and down the land such as the Mountbatten Festival of Music in the Albert Hall, homecomings, (de)commissioning ceremonies, in time of war, the RM Band Service has a key role to perform. “Its men and women act as stretcher bearers and assist medical teams both on warships and the casualty treatment ship RFA Argus, as well as in the field. LATEST ROYAL NAVY AND ROYAL… Read full this story
- Local businesses rally to restore vandalised Royal Marines garden
- Russia attempting to provoke Dutch and Royal Marines in Arctic Circle
- Norfolk youngsters to perform with Royal Marines band
- Royal Mail helps tackle loneliness in Whitby
- Wet noses and waggy tails invited to Royal Marines 2018 Commando Challenge
- Truth behind 'what happened when man burgled ex-Royal Marine'
- Former Royal Marine donates ‘powerful’ artwork to RNLI
- The Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Collingwood bring military splendour to Worthing!
- Off-duty policeman and former Royal Marine left in hospital after daylight street attack in Sunderland city centre
- Thousands share plea for mourners to attend ex-Royal Marine’s funeral after undertaker feared no-one would turn up
Royal Marines musicians tackle infamous Commando course have 321 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.