However, BS-VI variants seem to move slower with customers preferring BS-IV variant products in the current festival season. Auto companies have been doling out a number of offers to reduce their BS-IV inventories with some offering discounts up to ₹1 lakh on certain products in their portfolio.Deep discounts have boosted sentiments to some extent, during the first ten days of the festive season leading up to Dussehera. Sources say Maruti Suzuki saw an uptake in wholesale and retail sales of their BS-IV products by 5-7% in these 10 days helping clear stocks. “Sales of BS-VI are not booming but at the same time we do not have much unsold BS-IV inventory. We planned our BS-VI product launches ahead of the deadline,” said RC Bhargava, chairman of Maruti Suzuki.Early adoption of BS-IV compliant petrol vehicles in the mass segment has somewhat worked for Maruti Suzuki and it has sold over 2 lakh units of BS-VI emission compliant vehicles in six months of launching its first such car in April this year.Hyundai Motor has been another early adopter of BS-VI cars and the Korean company does not think these models are currently selling faster than BS-IV. “I see buyers still buying BS-IV… Read full this story
- Daimler India MD: Nobody should have liberty to sell BS-III vehicles after April 1
- Renault to stop selling diesel vehicles in India from 2020
- Why are automakers worried about the BS 4 ban?
- Hero MotoCorp Begins Deliveries Of BS-VI Compliant Splendor iSmart
- New Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS-VI Engine Details Leaked: India Launch Expected Soon
- BS III offers: Bike dealers run out of stock amid discount frenzy
- 2020 Jeep Compass Facelift India-Launch Soon — Will Receive Brand New BS6 Petrol Engine
- BS 3 fire sale: 2-wheeler makers' loss estimated at Rs 300 cr, Hero likely worst hit
- Tata Altroz To Be Unveiled In December: India Launch Early 2020
- Honda has no plans to cease sales of diesel vehicles in India, says company
Greener cars can wait, India laps up BS-IV models on festive offers have 313 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.