Editor’s Note: Congresswoman Katie Hill announced Sunday that she has resigned. Read the latest update here. The House Ethics Committee said Wednesday it is investigating whether freshman Congresswoman Katie Hill had a sexual relationship with a congressional staffer, a violation of House rules. In a statement late Wednesday, the California Democrat denied having a relationship with the aide and said she is now going through a divorce from “an abusive husband who is determined to try to humiliate me.” The House Ethics Committee said Wednesday they are “aware of public allegations that Representative Katie Hill may have engaged in a sexual relationship with an individual on her congressional staff.” The allegations stem from a report first published on the right-wing website RedState that Hill had a long-term relationship with Graham Kelly, her legislative director, as well as a female campaign staffer. The RedState article included texts and graphic photos with the campaign staffer. Hill said the images were published by “Republican operatives” without her consent and that Capitol Hill police are investigating. In her statement, she denied engaging in an affair with Kelly, writing, “Allegations that I have been involved in a relationship with Mr. Kelly are absolutely false.” She… Read full this story
- Ted Cruz Jibes Eric Swalwell For Being 'In Bed' With Alleged Beijing Agent
- US Attorney Durham Appointed as Special Counsel to Continue Trump-Russia Probe Investigation
- Nunes steps down from Russia-Trump investigation
- House Committee extends deadline for DOJ to provide wiretapping evidence
- AFL superstar is hit with shock allegations he sent VERY lewd pictures to a woman online - as he slams his social media pages shut in wake of scandal
- Prosecutor urges criminal investigation of FIFA president Gianni Infantino
- Mitch McConnell rebuffs Trump, Democrats by blocking $2,000 aid checks
- It's Hard To Overstate Just How Strange The House Intelligence Committee Drama Is
- Cosby admitted he gave Constand pills on the night of the alleged sexual assault and they 'petted and fondled' on three different occasions - though he never had intercourse with her 'asleep or awake'
- Former Newsom aide Nathan Ballard pleads not guilty in domestic violence case involving wife, daughter
Ethics Committee to investigate congresswoman's alleged relationship with aide have 346 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at October 27, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.