James David Dickson The Detroit News
Published 7:31 AM EDT Sep 11, 2019
Detroit — An 18-year-old Detroit man was denied bond on murder and gun charges in the late July shooting death of a 26-year-old man on the city’s east side.
Kendell Jones, 18, was arraigned Tuesday at Detroit’s 36th District Court on charges of first-degree premeditated murder and felony firearm. He was denied bond and will remain at Wayne County Jail as his case proceeds.
At about 6:15 p.m. on July 30, “approximately eight gunshots” rang out on the 20400 block of Veach. That’s south of East Eight Mile and east of Conner.
After the gunfire, a silver SUV was spotted fleeing the area.
Killed in the gunfire was Lorenzo Colbert. He died of multiple gunshot wounds.
Jones is due for a probable cause conference on Sept. 24 and a preliminary examination on Sept. 31, both before Judge Kenyetta Jones. He has requested a court-appointed attorney.
- Man, 18, is charged with the murder of Spanish aspiring chef
- Man, 18, is third person to be charged with murder of Jodie Chesney
- Montana man asks judge to dismiss negligent homicide case
- Man, 18, charged with murder over east London stabbing
- Piscataway man pleads guilty in fatal July 4 motorcycle crash of Piscataway woman
- Madison Bagwell, charged in fatal Travelers Rest DUI crash that killed teen, denied bond
- Man who recorded fatal crash faces homicide charges
- Police say death of man found in parking lot a homicide
- Man, 18, reported from missing from West Side, considered ‘high risk’
- Man, 18, reported missing from West Side, considered ‘high risk’