Defense TEHRAN, Iran — Iran’s president called Sunday on Western powers to leave the security of the Persian Gulf to regional nations led by Tehran, criticizing a new U.S.-led coalition patrolling the region’s waterways as nationwide parades showcased the Islamic Republic’s military arsenal. Hassan Rouhani separately promised to unveil a regional peace plan at this week’s upcoming high-level meetings at the United Nations, which comes amid heightened Mideast tensions following a series of attacks, including a missile-and-drone assault on Saudi Arabia’s oil industry.Story Continued Below The U.S. alleges Iran carried out the Sept. 14 attack on the world’s largest oil processor in the kingdom and an oil field, which caused oil prices to spike by the biggest percentage since the 1991 Gulf War. While Yemen’s Iranian-allied Houthi rebels claimed the assault, Saudi Arabia says it was “unquestionably sponsored by Iran.” For its part, Iran denies being responsible and has warned any retaliatory attack targeting it will result in an “all-out war.” That’s as it has begun enriching uranium beyond the terms of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, which the U.S. unilaterally withdrew from over a year earlier. Rouhani spoke from a riser at the parade in Tehran, with… Read full this story
- One year on, Qatar crisis creates ‘new’ Persian Gulf with no winners
- SAPD: Victim asked West Side resident for help after being cut
- Qatar accuses Saudi Arabia of creating disturbance in Persian Gulf
- Iranian military reports: mystery U.S. ship with chemicals onboard in Persian Gulf
- White House press secretary asked to leave restaurant because of her boss
- Was it Right for Sarah Huckabee Sanders to be Asked to Leave a Restaurant?
- Idaho apartment stabbing suspect attacked child's birthday party seeking 'vengeance' after being asked to leave, cops say
- Hero dad launches charity after disabled son was asked to leave theatre show
- Sarah Sanders Was Asked to Leave Restaurant Over White House Work
- White House press secretary says asked to leave restaurant for working for Trump
Iran asks West to leave Persian Gulf have 343 words, post on www.politico.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.