Sunday September 22, 2019 08:27 AM A woman who was severely burned in a domestic violence attack in Vermont is hoping for a second face transplant after doctors recently discovered tissue damage that likely will lead to the loss of her donor face Written by The Associated Press MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — A woman who was severely burned in a domestic violence attack in Vermont is hoping for a second face transplant after doctors recently discovered tissue damage that likely will lead to the loss of her donor face. Carmen Blandin Tarleton was burned over 80 percent of her body when her estranged husband beat her with a baseball bat and doused her body with lye in 2007. Six years ago, she received a face transplant at Brigham and Woman’s Hospital in Boston, where she’s now being evaluated for a possible second transplant. Tarleton, who now lives in Manchester, New Hampshire, told The Boston Globe that she has no regrets about the transplant because it dramatically improved her quality of life. More than 40 patients worldwide have received face transplants. Share this article
- S.Africa Ex-leader Zuma To Face Corruption Trial
- Baidu Says Its New Face Recognition Tech Is Better Than Humans At Checking IDs
- Is Chavit Singson the new face of cryptocurrency?
- Filipino to face rape, murder charges in Japan
- It's possible to 'inherit' food allergies from an organ donor — here's proof
- KPMG faces probe over audit of failed Bargain Booze owner Conviviality
- A Children’s Mercy nurse, a patient and a decision that led to 6 transplant surgeries
- Face-to-Face Meetings With Investors Are Important, But Don't Underestimate the Power of Written Communication
- These Before-And-After Photos Show The Incredible Transformative Power Of Face Transplants
- A 26-year-old face transplant patient spoke about his astonishing recovery less than three years after attempting suicide
Face transplant recipient's donor face now failing have 301 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.