Home Health Health oi-Amritha K By Amritha K on August 23, 2019 A recent study published in the journal Science, ‘Specialized cutaneous Schwann cells initiate pain sensation’ asserts the discovery of a previously unknown organ, located under the skin. The unknown organ is said to possess the ability to help you feel pain from pricks (small amount). It was thought that a small amount of pain or pain from a pinprick was perceived through the nerve endings located below the outer layer of the skin. But the new study disregards this by suggesting that it is not only the nerves but also the cells that are tangled up in cells that cause you to flinch when something pricks you  . Although science speaks of the various kinds of sensory organs in the skin, those were the ones involved in touch sensation. The newfound sensory organ is a mesh of branched cells and nerves, responds to the external cues and passes on the information to your brain and stands apart from the already known sensory organs because this one plays a significant role in pain reception  . The sensory organ is sensitive to pricks or jabs and sends the… Read full this story
- What are midges, why are there so many at the Russia World Cup and does Avon Skin So Soft work?
- Device Treating Pain Draws Thousands of Injury Reports
- Itchy skin, hair loss and uncertainty: What’s in SC city’s water?
- Toddler with huge growths on his jaw was born with hundreds of tiny cysts under his skin because of a condition which affects only one in 4,000 children
- Dead Turtle Found In Woman's Vagina After She Complains Of Pain
- Man walking by finds human skull in woods in southeast Houston
- Man walking by finds human skull in woods in Clear Lake
- The Hololens From Microsoft – Help Can Be Right Under…Over Your Nose
- A Question of Education: For Some Parents, Shock Treatments Are Only Hope for Helping Their Kids
- U.N. Support Mission in Libya, World Health Organization and more: Africa Update for August 20, 2015
Unknown Organ Under Human Skin Found, May Help Detect Pain have 335 words, post on www.boldsky.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.