One person died Tuesday afternoon following a rollover vehicle crash off state Route 78 in Vista, authorities said.
A red or maroon sedan thought to be a Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird crashed and rolled off eastbound SR-78 between Sycamore Avenue and Rancho Santa Fe Road about 1:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
Medics took one person from the car to Palomar Medical Center, but that person later died, Highway Patrol media information Officer Jim Bettencourt said.
No details about the person who died were immediately available.
Authorities issued a traffic alert for the eastbound lanes of the freeway, and traffic clogged the area as Highway Patrol officers investigated the crash.
All lanes were open to motorists by about 2 p.m., according to Bettencourt. A CHP log showed the traffic alert remained active a little before 4 p.m.
- NASCAR Returns to Single-Car Qualifying After Weeks of Drivers Gaming the System
- How Tricking Out Your Car Can Crash Its Resale Value
- How Tricking Out the Car Can Crash Its Resale Value
- How To Comparison Shop For Car Insurance
- Christmas Holiday Car Rental Tips For Not Getting Left Out In The Cold
- Is The Higher Car Insurance Justified For SUV's
- Car Insurance Quote - Things to Know to Get Very Cheap Car Insurance and Quotes
- How to Reduce Your Car Insurance Premiums
- Car Accident Lawyer Legal Advice
- Another Ford Mustang Crashes Peeling Out Of A Cars And Coffee And It's Not Pretty