She was a suburban mother of three, married for 30 years, with a ski boat and a lake house. She sang in the church choir, volunteered at summer Bible camp and took family road trips to Yosemite and Zion. In January 2008, a phone call snapped her back to a time she’d spent nearly 40 years trying to forget. “Is this Dianne Lake?” a man asked. The words drilled a pit in her gut. No one used her maiden name. She made sure of it. Her hands began to sweat. The man explained how he was part of a forensic team planning to exhume bodies in the desert, how her name might end up in the news. She begged him to keep her out of it, but he said he could not. “You were part of something bigger than you are,” he told her. She’d thought she’d escaped this reckoning. Her husband knew her secret. But now she’d have to tell her friends, her employer, her children. A week after the call, Lake stepped into her oldest child’s bedroom and sat on the mattress. “There is something I’ve dreaded ever having to tell you,” she said. Her 22-year-old daughter looked… Read full this story
- 'He's always been respectful': Sharon Osbourne claims she knew 'nothing' about Marilyn Manson's treatment of women during their 25-year 'working relationship' amid abuse allegations
- Cults and Cognition II: Programming the True Believer
- Cults and Cognition III: Programming the True Believer
- Game of Thrones actress Esme Bianco says Marilyn Manson cut her torso with a knife, chased her with an ax and treated her 'like a prisoner' in new allegations against the singer
- Marilyn Manson 'wanted ex murdered for $50 and forced her to flee 2,700 miles'
- Crimes of passion: Con girl
- 'Game of Thrones' star Esme Bianco claims Marilyn Manson cut her torso with a knife, chased her with axe
- U.K. families beg ISIS-bound girls to come home
- Followers of 'doomsday cult' QAnon believe Donald Trump will retake power today
- Married man posed as woman to lure 8 teenage girls to have paid sex with him
How Charles Manson lured one ‘lost girl’ into his cult have 342 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at August 10, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.