The summer’s hottest outfit is a shapeless spotted shmatta that costs $70. It’s “the Zara dress,” a black-and-white polka-dot, long-sleeved, ankle-length number that’s as ubiquitous as last winter’s Amazon coat and as sought-after as an Hermès Birkin bag. And if you want to nab one, good luck: It’s sold out both online and in several NYC shops. So, what’s the appeal? After all, it’s cheap, not necessarily practical and — as one acquaintance put it on Facebook — “Laura Ingalls Wilder borderline fugly.” The frock’s fans say its charm lies in its shapelessness. “It is like [a] one-piece bathrobe,” actress and comedian Julia Finkelstein tells The Post. “I’m very drawn to anything that’s very drapey and smock-y.” The 25-year-old Los Angeleno first spotted a woman wearing “the dress” a couple weeks ago. “She looked so chic and effortless,” Finkelstein says. After the stranger “reluctantly” admitted it was from Zara, Finkelstein went out and bought it off the rack. “It’s easy-breezy and makes me feel like Jemima Kirke in ‘Girls,’ ” she says. That gauzy insouciance is hard to come by, says Olivia Jackson, a marketing manager and fashionista who chronicles her outfits on the blog Clothes My Boyfriend Hates. “I’d struggled… Read full this story
- So Hot Right Now: Summer Travel Clothes
- Morgan Stewart shared her thoughts on this summer's hottest celebrity couples: Watch!
- Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Hot summer threads: 15 swimsuits for every body type
- The Cheapest Summer Weeks to Visit the 10 Hottest U.S. Destinations
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Premiere: 5 Hot Dresses, 5 Hot Messes
- Hottest Beachside Rentals Under $250/Person
- The Essential Summer Vacation Clothes You Need
- 8 Best Travel Sunglasses for Summer 2017
- Lonely Planet names Europe's hottest places
Summer’s hottest dress is a $70 sack have 284 words, post on nypost.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.