James David Dickson The Detroit News
Published 9:34 AM EDT Jul 22, 2019
Highland Park — City halls in the Wayne County suburb of Highland Park and the Oakland County suburb of Royal Oak are closed Monday due to power outages, the cities announced.
The closure of the two city halls are among the more high-profile outcomes of the power outages that grip some 296,000 homes and business throughout Michigan, including 250,000 in Metro Detroit.
But the work week is beginning with lower, cooler temperatures and a low chance of precipitation.
Those who are without power should have it back by midweek.
- Power outages delay Steelers-Niners
- Power outage delays game at Super Bowl XLVII
- Blacked Out: Power outage delays Steelers, 49ers
- Despite power outage, Justin Morneau leads Twins in RBI
- Power outages alter Patriots’ plans
- Power outage causes delay to Mets-Braves game
- Rangers have power outage in World Series opener
- Rays look to close series against Royals
- City Hall, escrow account come into play in Coyotes saga
- Boston City Hall Plaza chosen for Russell statue