Home Yoga spirituality Festivals Festivals oi-Prithwisuta Mondal By Prithwisuta Mondal on July 15, 2019 Guru Purnima, also known as Vyasa Purnima, marks the birth anniversary of Ved Vyasa, the author and a character in the epic Mahabharata. It is also believed that Gautam Buddha gave his first sermon at Sarnath in Uttar Pradesh on this day. It is generally celebrated on full moon day or Purnima of the Shukla Paksha or the waxing moon in the Ashadha month of the Hindu calendar. This day is dedicated to Gurus or teachers. Students generally offer puja and gift their teachers or Gurus as a mark of respect and appreciation. This year, the Guru Purnima Tithi will start at 01:48 am on Tuesday, 16 July, and will end at 03:07 am on 17 July. Coincidentally, 17 July will also witness the partial lunar eclipse, that will be visible in India as well. Significance Of Guru Purnima Gurus have most often be referred to as the spiritual guides who show the path of knowledge and awareness. They had a great significance in the disciples’ (shishyas) lives. Hindu ascetics and monks (sanyasis), students of Indian classical music and classical dance follow the holy tradition of… Read full this story
- Maha Shivaratri 2020: Know Date, Time & Significance
- Maha Shivratri 2020: Know The Date, Timing, Rituals And Significance Of The Festival
- NBA All-Star Game 2020 Rising Stars: Date, Time, Rosters and How to Watch Online
- IPL 2020: Full schedule, teams, date, timings, venues
- Wilder vs Fury 2: live stream, date, time, and undercard
- Janmashtami 2019: Mantras To Chant For Prosperity And Happiness On This Day
- Maha Shivratri 2020: Why auspicious for women; date, mahurat
- Green Party manifesto 2019: 12 key policies explained
- Lessons we should (and should not) learn from the 2019 St. Louis Blues
- Budget 2019: India’s Offshore Borrowing Plans - Effectiveness and Fallacies!
Guru Purnima 2019: Date, Time And Significance have 282 words, post on www.boldsky.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.