NEW YORK (AP) –
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. says second quarter profit fell to $2.42 billion from $2.57 billion a year ago.
The company, based in New York, said it had earnings of $5.81 per share, down from $5.98 per share.
The results still exceeded Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $4.73 per share.
The investment bank posted revenue of $14.15 billion in the period. Its revenue net of interest expense was $9.46 billion, which also topped Street forecasts.
Goldman shares have increased 27% since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has risen 20%. The stock has decreased roughly 7% in the last 12 months.
Portions of this story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on GS at https://www.zacks.com/ap/GS
- Oil rally isn’t over yet, says Goldman Sachs
- Fort Street joins Goldman Sachs in $700m-plus health services sale
- This Goldman Sachs Exec DJs to Land Business Deals—Now He’s Covering Fleetwood Mac
- Goldman Sachs EMEA CIO Goes From C-Suite to Startup
- iSelect has Goldman Sachs, Allier Capital in the wings
- US charges Goldman Sachs banker with insider trading
- Goldman Sachs' prediction: Brazil wins World Cup in Russia
- Inspire Medical Systems, Inc. to Present at the Goldman Sachs 39th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- Inside Goldman Sachs’s Play to Squeeze Italy’s Riskiest Credit
- Malaysia considering seeking return of Goldman Sachs' 1MDB fees: Reuters