0 Have your say The Peterborough Minor Illness and Injury Unit (MIIU) at the City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, has been renamed as the Peterborough Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC). This is in line with national NHS guidance to standardise urgent care services.The Peterborough UTC will continue to provide the same service as before, remaining open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week, 365 days a year. With no appointment needed, the Peterborough UTC treats patients with illnesses and injuries that need attention urgently but are not critical or life-threatening such as: • sprains, strains, cuts and grazes • arm, foot and leg injuries • bites, minor burns and scalds • suspected fractures or broken bones (X-ray available) • minor head injuries • eye problems such as scratches and foreign bodies in the eye. Patients are seen by highly skilled nurse practitioners and GPs with X-Ray services available. Dr Andrew Anderson, local GP and urgent care clinical lead, said “If you have an urgent injury or illness that is not serious or life-threatening then head to the Peterborough UTC. Available seven days a week and no appointment needed, you will be seen by highly skilled nurses or a GP who… Read full this story
- William Slim Drive to be renamed over sexual abuse allegations against former governor-general
- Gurugram: Bus for women from Huda City Centre to rail station
- Heartache of the dumped handbag dogs: Celebs made them oh-so fashionable - but now rescue centres are filling up with tiny abandoned pets
- Johnno Johnstone, the deep-sea diver who walked 43km of the Bass Strait seabed
- Toon and Tyne: Newcastle united … on a city walking tour
- The delta on London’s doorstep: a walk around the Thames estuary
- World Trade Centre to be built in Binh Duong New City
- America wakes up to walking: 'Think of it as a patriotic duty'
- Fifty years after the first Moon landing, our man discovers that Florida's space centre is a blast!
- Top 10 UK winter walks – chosen by travel and nature writers
Peterborough’s walk-in centre renamed have 333 words, post on www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.