FIREFIGHTERS were tasked to the scene of a major fire in Ballymena last night, directly beside a petrol station.The blaze started at around 6.30pm at the JP Corry building materials store on the Crankill Road, located just yards from an Applegreen service station.A total of nine fire vehicles were in use at the scene last night, including; six pumping appliances, an aerial appliance, water tanker and command vehicle, with 27 personnel deployed.Police also closed the Co Antrim road to traffic in both directions as firefighters worked to bring the flames under control.Speaking last night Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service group commander, Philip Martin said they were fighting a “well developed fire”, but that it was confined solely to the JP Corry site.He added that significant damage had been caused to the building as a result of the blaze.
- Never mind electric cars, here's Australia's M&A hotspot: Petrol stations
- Croatia's largest petrol station chain impacted by cyber-attack
- Just in: Petrol tanker explodes in Gombe state
- Never mind electric cars, here's Australia's M&A hotspot: Gas stations
- Motorists, commuters want stations hoarding petrol in Yobe sanctioned
- Sales of new petrol and diesel cars could be banned in just TWELVE years' time amid fury at Transport Secretary Grant Shapps for 'moving goalposts'
- David Beckham delights fans at Somerset service station by posing for selfies while filling up on petrol... after watching son Romeo play in local football match
- Penn Station to Remain Hideous Indefinitely
- DPR sanctions 11 petrol outlets, 2 gas plants in Delta
- Solar power helps pump up petrol sales amid power shortage
Major Co Antrim fire just yards from petrol station have 268 words, post on www.irishnews.com at June 16, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.