A new poll from President Donald Trump’s favorite TV network did not bode well for the commander-in-chief’s goal of being elected for a second term. According to Fox News, the president is currently lagging behind as many as five of the Democratic candidates for the 2020 presidential election.
The latest poll, conducted between June 9 and June 12, found Democratic frontrunners — former Vice President Joe Biden and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders — each garnering 49 percent of the vote in a hypothetical head-to-head against the president.
Biden fared slightly better against Trump, beating the incumbent by ten percentage points, while Sanders had a slightly smaller gap of nine points over the president.
The remaining three Democrats who could possibly unseat Trump were Senators Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris, and Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana.
Warren, who was the first of the Democratic hopefuls to publicly call for Trump to be impeached holds the slight edge in this trio, beating the president by 43 percent to 41 percent. Harris — who has also since called for Trump’s ouster — and Buttigieg each came out on top against the president, but only by a single percentage point.
It is worth noting that all three of the results for these candidates were within the three percentage point margin of error for the poll, so one could arguably view them as being in a dead heat with the president. The Biden and Sanders results, however, were far outside of that margin.
Frequent Trump critic George Conway, attorney and husband of White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway, used the Fox News poll results to mock the president on Sunday morning.
Appearing to adopt the president’s Twitter traits of using lots of exclamation points and the caps lock button, Conway sarcastically tweeted about the poll: “Outrageous! The Lying and Corrupt News Media is at it again! FAKE NEWS even from FOX NEWS!”
The Fox News poll results were not terribly dissimilar from a Quinnipiac University poll released last week that showed Trump lagging behind six Democratic contenders.
In that poll, 53 percent of voters said they would support Biden over Trump’s 40 percent. Sanders polled at 51 percent to 42 percent for the president. Harris and Warren performed better in the Quinnipiac poll, with leads of eight and seven percentage points, respectively, over Trump. Senator Cory Booker, who was not listed in the Fox News results and Buttigieg each enjoyed a five-point margin.
Of course, the actual election is still more than a year away, and the Democratic candidates have yet to even hold their first debate.
Twenty of the 24 current Democratic candidates will take part in that first debate later this month. Because the field of hopefuls is so large, the panels have been divided and split into two events. Warren and Booker are the biggest names in the June 26 panel, while the June 27 debate will feature Biden, Sanders, Harris and Buttigieg.
- Fox News Poll Shows Americans See Shutdown as Bigger Emergency Than Border Situation
- 39 percent think Trump will win 2nd term, Fox News poll shows
- Fox News Poll: President Trump’s ratings after two years in office
- Fox News Poll: President Trump ends year two with 46 percent job approval
- Fox News' Chris Wallace Shreds Sarah Huckabee Sanders Over Border Terror Claims
- Fox News Anchor Predicts Trump's Border Wall 'Is Never Going Up': 'Mark My Words... It's Not Happening'
- Fox News Anchor Says Trump's Claims on Immigrants and Drugs Are Wrong in On-air Fact Check
- Fox News Guest Says Trump Voters Should Pay for Border Wall by Crowdfunding It
- Fox News and Donald Trump: Watch All the Advice the Network Gave the President in 2018
- Fox News Poll: 39 percent of voters think President Trump will be re-elected
- Fox News Poll: Voters see shutdown as bigger problem than border situation
- Fox News Poll: Pelosi, McConnell face negative ratings heading into new term
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Why Trump haters shouldn't rejoice over Michael Cohen; Melania slams 'opportunist' critics
- Poll shows Scott with narrow lead in tight race for Little Rock mayor
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Pelosi-Trump feud overshadows shutdown's victims; proof that the Mueller probe is a 'hoax'
- Fox News Host, Donald Trump Ally Sean Hannity Tells Potential Witnesses Not to Talk to the FBI Amid Mueller Probe
- Trump Turns On Fox News: ‘Even Less Understanding... Than Fake News CNN & NBC’
- Trump Accuses Fox News of Always Giving Him ‘Bad Polls’ in Harris Faulkner Interview
- Donald Trump Tells Fox News 'I Am Ready And Willing' To Talk About Government Shutdown With Nancy Pelosi And Chuck Schumer
- Fox News Commentator Jokes That Democrats Prefer ‘Muslim Transgender Candidate’ to Joe Biden for 2020
Fox News Poll Shows Trump Lagging Behind Biden, Sanders, Three Other Democrats in 2020 Race have 749 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 16, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.