IPS officers Arvind Kumar and Samant Kumar Goel to head IB and RAW respectively. Kumar, popularly known as ‘AK’, and Goel, whose name had come under cloud in a Central Bureau of Investigation bribery case, are experts on Pakistan and had contributed actively in the February 26 Balakot airstrike on Jaish-e-Mohammed terror camps in the neighbouring country. A 1984-batch IPS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, Kumar has served on important desks of the IB, including Kashmir and Left Wing Extremism, while Goel also of the same batch, but from the Punjab cadre, has served on the Pakistan desk and on groups working against the interest of country from Europe.Their names were cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for a fixed two-year tenure, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said. Kumar will take the reins of the internal intelligence agency from Rajiv Jain on completion of his tenure on Sunday, while Goel will take charge from Anil K Dhasmana who demits office on Saturday. Both Jain and Dhasmana, who were appointed for a two-year fixed tenure in 2016, were given six-month extensions in December last year in view of the general elections…. Read full this story
- Kevin Holland: Who is new Invest NI chief?
- New Invest NI chief executive Kevin Holland announced
- Ukraine's parliament appoints new CEC members
- The Bemrose School appoints new captains
- Fishergate Centre launches new cashless car parking system
- Fonterra appoints new chief operating officer
- Belfast medical tech firm appoints new chief executive
- B&Q owner Kingfisher appoints new finance boss
- Ukraine's Cabinet appoints new police chief – MP
- Premier League appoints David Pemsel as chief executive
Centre appoints new IB, RAW chiefs have 281 words, post on www.rediff.com at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.