Caritas PNG (CPNG) is launching its West Papua Scholarship Program on July 28. Earlier this year, CPNG was approached by West Papuan leaders to help them and to reduce some of their ongoing challenges as food security, clean water, education, land, housing etc. In its humanitarian aid to provide education to disadvantaged young men and women, the Caritas scholarship program will support 20 young West Papuan recipients. These 20 young men and women are the first batch to be offered scholarships under the Caritas West Papua Scholarship in partnership with the Don Bosco Technical School (DBTS), Gabutu. The scholarship program will cater for certificate courses in computing, administration, electrician and motor mechanics and will run for a period of four months annually at the Don Bosco Technical School. The West Papuan Community comprises of more than 2000 people living along city drains in five different camps across the National Capital District. They were not resettled to an allocated state land as promised by previous governments and with this uncertainty, the leaders from the camps approached the Catholic Bishops Conference of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands for help. Caritas is responding to their needs on a humanitarian basis. It is… Read full this story
- Oakton launches Contact Tracer Training Program to fight COVID-1
- The Woodlands Launches Help Our Heroes Program Moves To Interfaith
- REPORT: White House To Launch Antibody Testing Pilot Program In New York City
- Park Vega set to launch West Africa’s largest Water Park
- San Marino City Launches Heritage Tree Rebate Program - Plus, View Our Tree Care Tutorial!
- Politics and Porgera: why Papua New Guinea cancelled the lease on one of its biggest mines
- Volkswagen Introduces The VWellnessIndia Program Amidst COVID-19
- Mexican president launches ambitious forestry, orchard plan
- Zijin warns Papua New Guinea of China anger over end of gold mine lease
- Zijin says Papua New Guinea ending gold mine lease may hurt bilateral ties
Caritas PNG to launch West Papua scholarship program have 321 words, post on postcourier.com.pg at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.