Erectile dysfunction, or ED, is the most common sex problem men report to their doctor, according to the Urology Care Foundation. It affects as many as 30 million men and can lead to low self-esteem, depression, and distress for the man and his partner.
While erectile dysfunction can happen for a variety of reasons, many men can ease or even reverse ED by making simple lifestyle changes — such as losing excess weight and quitting smoking. But for as many as 75% of men, the cause may be more complex. According to Harvard Medical School, ED may result from vascular disease, neurological disease, diabetes, or prostate-related treatments or surgeries. Sometimes it is a side effect of a medication you are taking.
“If you have been having difficulty getting or sustaining erections, talk about it with your doctor,” Harvard experts say. “Such a conversation is never easy but be prepared to provide your doctor with detailed information.”
Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, author of “Real Case, Real Cure,” tells Newsmax that the best way to beat ED is by taking bioidentical testosterone.
“A rapidly expanding collection of research is showing that optimizing testosterone in men decreases the risk of heart disease, improves insulin sensitivity, improves muscle mass, improves libido and sexual function while decreasing depression.”
Other ways to overcome ED for better health and sex life include:
- Try walking. According to one Harvard study, just 30 minutes of walking daily was linked to a 41% drop in ED.
- Eat right. The Massachusetts Male Aging Study revealed a eating a diet rich in unprocessed foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish decreased the risk of ED.
- Check your heart health. Conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides damage the arteries to the heart and other organs including the penis. Check with your doctor to ensure that your vascular system is in good shape.
- Aim for a normal weight. Size DOES matter and the larger your waistline, the more likely you will develop ED. For example, a man with a 42-inch waistline has a 50% increased risk of developing the condition. Obesity raises risk for vascular disease and diabetes, two major causes of ED.
- Try herbal therapy. Certain products, such as Hot Plants for Him made by Nature’s Way offers a group of sex-boosting herbs in a proprietary formula. It includes ginseng which has been touted for thousands of years as a natural sex booster for men and maca, a Peruvian root that has been scientifically proven to enhance sexual performance.
- Try Viagra. You can save a lot of greenbacks by buying the little blue pill generically. Teitelbaum notes the generic form of this popular drug, sildenafil, is available for a fraction of the price at GoodRx. “Use the free GoodRx app and you’ll save 97% of the price of the average retail version of the drug,” he says.
- Erectile Dysfunction- 3 Common Causes and Tips on How to Treat "ED" without Prescription Drugs
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Pills - Is Losing Your Eyesight Worth the Risk?
- Erectile Dsyfunction - A look at Treating, and Overcoming ED (Part 1)
- Tips How to Manage Erectile Dysfunction Problems
- 10 Tips on How to Find a School for Autistic Children
- Validate Your Way To Gay Relationship Bliss
- Loyalty, Motivation And Work-Life Balance
- College and the Autistic Student
- Self Confident Parent Guide to Fun Summer Activites To Do Together - Part 2
- An Autobiographical Note as an Introduction to Hungarian and Romanian Images in American Culture