SF extravaganza gets a new name and an old home By Richard Whittaker, 12:21PM, Fri. May 31, 2019 Tweet print write a letter Beyond Skyline, one of the titles that helped establish Other Worlds as the region’s top science fiction film festival For the last five years, Other Worlds Austin has explored visions of the future and expanded horizons as the region’s preeminent science fiction film festival. For its sixth outing, it returns with a fresh new look, a familiar home and the same promise of vision-expanding cinema. Founded in 2014, Other Worlds has been dedicated to spotlighting new genre titles like the award-winning Embers and the action-heavy Beyond Skyline, as well as repertory screenings of beloved titles like Battle Beyond the Stars. It also added a dedicated horror-tinged substrand in the Underworld programming, which gave Austin audiences a first glimpse of shockers like the upcoming supernatural crime-drama fusion I’ll Take Your Dead. Festival founder Bears Rebecca Fonté announced this week that the festival – now rebranded as simply Other Worlds and with a new logo by design firm the Label Collective – will be return on Dec. 5 for four days of the best of international, classic and cutting… Read full this story
- The Root Guide to the 10 Blackest Experiences of the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival 2018: There’s No Redemption Song in The Rachel Divide
- The best VR and AR of the Sundance Film Festival
- Cinema Siren's Faves from Sundance Film Festival
- In HBO’s Come Inside My Mind, Robin Williams bares it all
- Apple is jumping into streaming video with a huge library of shows and films
- Superhero Films Aren't Cinema, Say Scorsese And Coppola. We're Missing The Bigger Picture
- Across five wistful films, an alter ego grows older without growing up
- Meryl Streep on the Panama Papers: ‘People died to get the word out’
- Michael Moore: 'Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hate. Trump knew that'
Other Worlds Film Festival Comes Back Home have 311 words, post on www.austinchronicle.com at May 31, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.