A man has been sentenced to 10 and a half years for manslaughter at Cardiff Crown Court after he killed another man and then buried him in a Cardiff woodland.
Mohamed Megherbi went to Kane Burns’ flat on 9th October 2018.
In the early hours of the following morning, a neighbour reported hearing “loud banging” from the flat.
Kane Burns then purchased matches and lighter fluid from a nearby petrol station and cleaning items including a mop.
Police officers discovered bloodstains in Burns’ flat while they were there on a separate enquiry. Tests revealed the blood was Mr Megherbi’s.
In November last year, Mohamed Megherbi’s body was found buried in woodland near to Pontprennau.
A sword was later found near Burns’ flat which had traces of Mr Megherbi’s blood on it.
Burns pleaded guilty to manslaughter and on 15th May 2019 was sentenced to 10 and a half years. He will have to serve half in prison and half on licence.
- Coronavirus Crime: Woodland Man Accused Of Committing Felonies After Zero Bail Release
- Police hunting missing 16-year-old Louise Smith find a body and say they are treating the death as suspicious
- Police identify body found in woods as belonging to Louise Smith, 16, who went missing on VE Day after she was seen getting into a van - as officers remove bags of evidence from a flat
- Louise Smith, 16, 'was seen getting into a red van days before she vanished', neighbour says as murder detectives find body in woods and search flat belonging to married couple where she'd been staying
- DUI Suspect Arrested After Hit-And-Run Crash In Woodland
- Michigan man, 71, charged with murdering his adoptive daughter, 14, and burying her in a shallow grave on his property in 1989 when she went missing after reporting him for sexual abuse
- Law student jailed for 16 years for murdering his father and burying him in the garden hopes HMRC files revealing 70-year-old's mysterious web of aliases used to buy properties and set up scams will help clear his name
- Police carry bags of clothes and a carpet from flat where Louise Smith, 16, was last staying before she disappeared after getting into a van as body is found in woodland
- Man, 29, arrested for kidnapping 16-year-old Louise Smith is re-arrested for her murder - as his wife is held for assisting an offender
- Man, 29, is charged with murder of 16-year-old Louise Smith whose body was found in woods in Hampshire after she vanished on VE Day
- Body found in search for girl, 16, who went missing in suspicious circumstances
- The wife who made the ultimate sacrifice for a 3,000-year loving embrace: Man and woman found together in Ukrainian grave after she was buried ALIVE with her dead husband
- Rhys Jones's killer is pictured for the first time since he was jailed for shooting dead the 11-year-old in 2007, in photo taken on illegal jail mobile and sent to 'girlfriend' on the outside
- Fugitive who is the prime suspect in the murder of his glamorous girlfriend, 26, had just got out of jail before he disappeared leaving her dead in her home for a week - as her Mercedes is found on a property linked to the Mafia
- 27-year-old undertrial ends life in Amritsar jail
- 'I can't believe she died like that': Aunt of woman whose body was 'sawn in half' and put in suitcase shares her horror at the grisly death and pays tribute to 'lovely, sweet-natured girl'
- 8pm Man Utd news LIVE: Saul Niguez £70m transfer ‘very close’, club want another TWO signings, Jadon Sancho latest
- Queens man, 80, is arrested over cold-case killings of two 19-year-old women who were strangled and shot in Virginia Beach 44 years ago
- Keralite man arrested over neighbour's murder after 24 years on the run
- San Jose man arrested on suspicion of fatally stabbing woman
Man who buried body in Cardiff woodland jailed have 610 words, post on www.itv.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.