Sarah Griesemer and Dan Radel Asbury Park Press
Published 7:00 AM EDT Jun 20, 2019
When planning a day at the beach, there are a few things you need to know before you go.
First, where will you park?
Then, how much will it cost to get on the sand?
And finally, when you’ve had your fill of fun in the sun, where are you going to eat?
For answers to all those questions and more, read the Asbury Park Press Summer Guide. Find all our Summer Guide stories – including town-by-town beach and dining guides like the ones below, plus more on where to have fun all summer long – at app.com.summerguide.
Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park; Ocean Avenue at Joline Avenue
COST: Park access passes are needed weekends and holidays, May 25 to June 9, and daily from June 15 to Sept. 2. Daily beach fees $8; daily parking pass $10. Children 17 and younger are admitted free. Active duty military members, veterans, their spouses and dependents are admitted free, including parking, with military ID. Season passes are $70 for those 18 to 64, $25 for those 65 and older. Season parking passes are $70.
LIFEGUARDS: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., on duty weekends only from May 25 to June 9, daily from June 15 to Sept. 2.
AMENITIES: Changing areas, outdoor showers, volleyball and surfing locations. Picnic tents can be rented for $345 all day and $259 half-day. Two tents sizes are available that can hold a maximum of 50 and 75 people. Chair and beach umbrella rental available. The cost is $10 a piece or $25 for two chairs and an umbrella.
INFORMATION: Monmouth County Park System operates the park, 732-842-4000 or monmouthcountyparks.com; Seven Presidents’ seasonal pavilion office, 732-229-0924.
Municipal Beach; Seaview Avenue south to Brighton Avenue
COST: Daily fees for those 18 to 61, $5 on weekdays, $7 on weekends/holidays; children 14 to 17, $3 all days. Season fees $45 for those 18 to 61, $30 for children 14 to 17. The beach is free for children 13 and younger, senior citizens 62 and older, people with disabilities and residents who are military veterans. Arrangements must be made in advance and documentation of age/military service required. Season badges available 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends at the Morris Avenue beach office.
PARKING: Pay station meters at Pier Village and close to the beachfront. There is a municipal parking lot between South Broadway and Laird Street.
LIFEGUARDS: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends from Memorial Day weekend to June 9, then daily through Labor Day. At the discretion of the beach manager, there may be extended hours.
AMENITIES: Rebuilt boardwalk runs the length of the beachfront. Restrooms available. Public beaches are accessible for the disabled. Pier Village offers private facilities for a fee; restaurants, eateries and bars in Pier Village. A private beach club is in place at Pier Village, and the Ocean Place Resort & Spa also offers beachfront amenities for a fee.
INFORMATION: 732-571-6545 or visitlongbranch.com
Things to do: Wondering what to do with the kids this weekend? Want to check out that new restaurant? We’ve got your weekend covered, from festivals and fairs to bands and bars. Stay with APP.com and subscribe today.
2nd Floor Restaurant: 71A Brighton Ave. 732-443-7399. New American. AE, D, MC, V. 2ndflrrestaurant.com
Amy’s Omelette House: 444 Ocean Blvd., Ursula Plaza. 732-222-1206. American. AE, D, MC, V. (H); youramys.com
Avenue: 23 Ocean Ave., Pier Village. 732-759-2900. French. AE, D, MC, V. (H); leclubavenue.com
Bacon Beach Grille: 49 Atlantic Ave. 732-229-5555. Breakfast/lunch. (H)
Casa Comida: 336 Branchport Ave. 732-229-7774. Mexican. AE, D, MC, V. (H); casacomida.net
More: At The Juice Theory, flavor meets clean eating
Celtic Cottage Pub: 608 Second Ave. 732-229-2123. American/Irish. AE, D, MC, V. (H); celticcottagepubnj.com
Charley’s Ocean Grill: 29 Avenel Blvd. 732-222-4499. American/seafood. AE, D, MC, V. (H); charleysoceangrill.com
Diet Gourmet: 167 Lincoln Ave. 732-870-3287. Kosher dairy/healthy food. AE, D, MC, V. (H); dietgourmetnj.com
Johnny Piancone’s: 591 Broadway. 732-229-0300. Italian. AE, D, MC, V. (H); johnnypiancone.com
Jr’s West End: 75D Brighton Ave. 732-229-9600. American/burgers. AE, D, MC, V. (H); jrsdelivers.com
Nip-N-Tuck Bar & Grill: 23 Norwood Ave. 732-222-0023. AE, D, MC, V. (H); facebook.com/NipBar
More: Everyone wants ‘that salad’ at Tuzzio’s
Richard’s Deli: 155 Brighton Ave., West End. 732-870-9133. Cash or check. (H); richardsdelinj.com
Rooney’s Oceanfront Restaurant: 100 Ocean Ave. North. 732-870-1200. Fine dining/seafood. AE, D, MC, V. (H); rooneysocean.com
Seaview Restaurant and Lounge: 1 Ocean Blvd. at Ocean Place Resort and Spa. 732-571-4000. American. AE, D, MC, V. (H); oceanplace.com.
Scalas’s Pizzeria: 88 Brighton Ave. 732-222-8728. Italian. AE, MC, V, D. (H); scalaspizzeria.com
Sirena Ristorante: 27 Ocean Ave., Pier Village. 732-222-1119. Italian. AE, D, MC, V. (H); sirenaristorante.com
Sitting Duck: 104 Myrtle Ave. 732-229-5566. American casual. AE, D, MC, V. (H); sittingduckrestaurant.com
More: Tim McLoone tries something new with Iron Whale
The Juice Theory: 87 Brighton Ave. 732-455-5444. Organic/vegan. AE, D, MC, V. (H); thejuicetheory.com
Trama’s Trattoria: 115 Brighton Ave. 732-222-1121. Tuscan. AE, D, MC, V. (H); tramastrattoria.com
Turning Point: 92 Ocean Ave. 732-923-1104. Breakfast/brunch/lunch. AE, MC, V. (H); theturningpoint.biz
Tuzzio’s Italian Cuisine: 224 Westwood Ave. 732-222-9614. Italian. AE, D, MC, V. (H); tuzzios.com
- Police reveal new crime scene evidence in Long Island serial killer case
- Auctions back early in hot northern beaches market
- 2020 property predictions for the northern beaches: short supply
- Sydney hotelier Andrew Lazarus buys Beach Hotel Merewether
- Surfers Excited As Towering Sneaker Waves Prompt Beach Hazard Warning
- 'NO credible trainer would agree to this': Adele's 1,000 calories a day diet is SLAMMED by fitness guru Alice Liveing... after singer's former PT shared secret to 7 stone weight loss
- Holiday guide to Sardinia’s best beaches, plus restaurants and hotels
- A Florida woman dies after surgeries to cure her flesh-eating bacteria infection
- Do you think Goa is only about beaches? The tiny state also has a serene countryside
- Eat healthy with these 4 tech tools
- Zomato buys out Uber Eats, gets 9.99% stake in Uber
- Zomato buys Uber Eats in India
- Zomato buys out Uber Eats, gives 9.99% stake to Uber
- Weekend sewage spill closes shoreline in Long Beach
- New species of bone-eating worm discovered eating alligator carcass deep under Gulf of Mexico
- What is Blue Monday and when is ‘the most depressing day’ of the year?
- Childress, Sarr lead Wake Forest past Long Beach State 88-75
- 20 of the best Baltic beach holidays
- Going swimmingly! Liam Hemsworth, 30, kisses new girlfriend Gabriella Brooks, 23, at the beach in Byron Bay - as the pair CONFIRM their romance five months after his split from wife Miley Cyrus
- Lauren Silverman looks incredible in a bronze swimsuit with cutout detail as she hits the beach in Barbados with son Eric Cowell
A day in Long Branch? Where to eat, beach info have 1105 words, post on eu.app.com at May 7, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.