1. Tax returns Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is blocking Congress’ request for President Donald Trump’s tax returns, a demand based on a 1924 anti-corruption law. On Friday, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal, D-Mass., subpoenaed Mnuchin and Charles Rettig, the commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service. Democrats say they are ready to take the matter to court if need be. – – -2. The Mueller reportThe White House asserted executive privilege over the full report issued by special counsel Robert Mueller III on Wednesday after Democrats tried to subpoena the underlying evidence in their probe of whether Trump obstructed justice. Democrats are preparing to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt of Congress for refusing to honor their subpoena.- – -3. McGahn testimonyThe White House has told former White House counsel Donald McGahn to ignore a House Judiciary Committee subpoena for documents pertaining to the Mueller investigation. McGahn was a central witness in several of 10 instances of potential obstruction identified by Mueller. He also could face being held in contempt of Congress if he refuses to appear to testify later this month.- – -4. MazarsTrump’s personal and Trump Organization attorneys are suing the House Oversight Committee and… Read full this story
- 20 times Trump and his allies denied he knew of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting
- Josh Hawley: Missouri Rally So Big We Had to Turn Away 20,000 Trump Supporters
- Patriots Owner Robert Kraft: Trump Working Hard to ‘Serve the Best Interests of the Country’
- Report: Jeff Sessions, Trump Working Together Amicably Despite Public Feud
- $20,000 Trump Portrait Mystery Unsolved As President's Namesake Foundation Dissolves
- Campaign Estimates 20,000 Trump Supporters at Massive Overflow Rally in Tennessee
- Malcolm Nance: Trump Is ‘Draft Dodging Chickenhawk Coward’
- Netflix Host Michelle Wolf Cracks Domestic Abuse Joke About Melania Trump
- Fact Check: Did the Trump Campaign Have 100+ Contacts with ‘Russian-Linked Officials’?
- Ivanka Trump on List of Possible Candidates to Lead World Bank
20 inquiries Trump is working to impede have 307 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.