Actor Robert Redford wrote in a recent op-ed for TIME that political controversies and agendas like impeaching President Donald Trump and admitting refugees won't matter if climate change destroys the planet.
In the piece , titled "Don't Fall for Political Distractions. Saving Our Planet Must Come First," Robert Redford writes, "Collusion, obstruction of justice, impeachment or not, greedy tax breaks, medical care for all or none, refugees seeking compassion at our borders — as a citizen, I care deeply about all these things."
"But I also fail to see how any of it will matter without a planet to live on," the Great Gatsby actor continues. "We are approaching an irreversible tipping point. The science of climate change is backed by examples of the damage mankind has caused all around us, every day and everywhere. None of us are immune anymore; no matter where we live, no matter our political party."
"What will it take for our short-sighted leadership to stop questioning the reality of this global crisis?"
Indeed, many Hollywood stars chimed in on climate change and helping the environment this Earth Day.
Leonardo DiCaprio called for a "Global Deal for Nature" in a social media post.
To solve climate change and biodiversity loss, we need a #GlobalDealForNature . Sign the petition calling on world leaders to come together to protect and restore half of nature. https://t.co/gKSp6h1x3d #EarthDay pic.twitter.com/tQn4Jziblk
— Leonardo DiCaprio (@LeoDiCaprio) April 22, 2019
Meanwhile, Barbra Streisand posted a photo of her embracing a baby plant with the caption, "By honoring the earth, you honor life. EarthDay2019 ."
— Barbra Streisand (@BarbraStreisand) April 23, 2019
Redford has embraced climate activism for many years. In 2015, the 82-year-old told the United Nations that "moderate weather seems to be going extinct."
"Your mission is as simple as it is daunting: save the world before it's too late," he said.
Last year, he took aim at Trump, saying , "For the first time I can remember, I feel out of place in the country I was born into and the citizenship I've loved my whole life."
- GOP Rep Says 'Impeachable Conduct' May Be on Hunter Biden Laptop, Requests DOJ Probe
- Georgia Rep Says Trump 'Had to Live Through Impeachment,' Dems Can Deal With Election Challenges
- SNL Robert De Niro's Robert Mueller Visits Eric Trump: 'Your Dad's Friend from Work'
- Donald Trump Impeachment Investigation Needs to Start 'Now,' Ex-Congresswoman Who Voted to Impeach Nixon Says
- Proactive Mode: Trump Reportedly Weighing Pardons for Ivanka, Eric, Don Jr, Kushner, and Giuliani
- Trump lashes out at Republican Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey for 'rushing to put a Democrat in office' after he appeared to IGNORE a call from the White House during press conference certifying Biden's win
- Does Donald Trump really believe he lost the election?
- Donald Trump Labelled 'Loser of the Year' by Europe's Biggest News Magazine
- Donald Trump Becomes What He Deeply Feared: A One-Term President
- Donald Trump threatens to veto annual defense bill unless Congress abandons bipartisan demand to rename military bases that have Confederate names
- The Trials of Jeff Sessions: Trump’s Radical Attorney General
- Trump Coronavirus Advisor Dr. Scott Atlas Resigns, Report Claims
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg doesn't like Trump. Should she be saying that publicly?
- Donald Trump claims revelation Hunter Biden is under federal investigation will convince Supreme Court justices to overturn the election because 'Biden administration will be scandal plagued mess for years to come'
- The Avengers cast assembles for Kamala Harris' birthday fundraiser where she and husband Doug compare Donald Trump to bad guy Thanos - and Robert Downey Jr. is a surprise guest
- Ex-deputy attorney general says Justice Dept. 'will ignore' Trump's threats against political rivals
- Trump demands to join legal bid by Texas AG to overturn his defeat at SCOTUS as Ted Cruz agrees to argue the case with Kamala 'birther' theorist lawyer and Mellissa Carone as star witness
- Trump impeachment: Acquittal in sight as Senate votes to reject calls for witnesses
- Trump leaves mixed legacy on veterans affairs
- 'Pretty Grotesque': Mary Trump Discusses Uncle's Shift from 'So Much Winning' to 'Victim'
Robert Redford Says Impeaching Trump Is Pointless If There Will Be ‘No Planet to Live On’ have 700 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.