Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) blasted CNN on Tuesday for its coverage of the situation in Venezuela, ripping the network for describing internationally-recognized Interim President Juan Guaidó’s effort to dislodge socialist dictator Nicolás Maduro as an “armed coup.” Rubio called CNN’s coverage “shameful” and “grotesque” in a series of Twitter posts:Rubio has been closely following events in Venezuela and updating his Twitter feed with news throughout the morning, translating Spanish-language reports into English: Florida’s other Republican senator, Rick Scott, also strongly supports Guaidó and the Venezuelans rising up against Maduro’s regime: Scott called out Democrat presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) for her own “shameful” support of Maduro on Monday, leveling the same criticism Rubio would later direct at CNN: Rubio and Scott both called on Venezuelan military officers to abandon their support for Maduro and urged the Venezuelan people to take a stand against the regime, as did Florida officials and congressional representatives from both parties. “Now is the moment to take to the streets in support of your legitimate constitutional government. Do not allow this moment to slip away. It may not come again,” Rubio advised the Venezuelan people. “It’s time for the entire military to join Juan Guaidó… Read full this story
- Marco Rubio’s Reboot for the Trump Era
- Every Brutal Marco Rubio Exchange From the CNN Town Hall on Gun Violence
- How the GOP Sabotaged Marco Rubio, the Man Who Was Once Its Savior
- Marco Rubio Family Leave Plan Would Ask New Parents to Pick Between Retirement or Maternity Leave
- Florida Senator Marco Rubio, Others To Look At Student-Athlete Compensation
- Marco Rubio Would Fight Donald Trump If He Declared National Emergency on Border Wall: 'I Think It'll Be a Terrible Idea'
- WATCH: Sen. Marco Rubio Calls ‘Border Security’ The ‘Key That Unlocks The Door To Everything Else’
- NY Times Attacks National Security Advisor Bolton. Marco Rubio Fires Back.
- Marco Rubio Campaigns In Michigan With Combat Veteran John James
- Leading GOP Candidates Square Off in CNN Debate
Marco Rubio Blasts CNN for ‘Shameful’ and ‘Grotesque’ Venezuela Coverage have 342 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.