The 64-page report details more than 60 examples of school and mass shootings and other senseless violent acts committed by those under the influence of psychotropic drugs or experiencing serious withdrawal from them.At least 27 international drug regulatory agency warnings have been issued on psychiatric drugs linked to mania, psychosis violence, aggression and hostility. Officials need to investigate the mounting evidence that psychiatric treatment and its failure has had something to do with a large percentage of the acts of violence occurring in our communities.”— Diane Stein, President CCHR FloridaCLEARWATER, FL, USA, March 27, 2019 /EINPresswire.com/ — The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), a mental health watchdog dedicated to the protection of children, is warning lawmakers and educators not to adopt mental health screening and risk assessments in the false hope that it could prevent acts of violence and suicide since such actions usually result in psychiatric labels and a prescription for dangerous drugs. Citing the fact that antidepressants and antipsychotics have both been linked to violent effects in a percentage of those taking them, CCHR is urging officials to consider that the side effects of the drugs being prescribed to children in crisis may very well be behind… Read full this story
- More mental health challenges imminent in Nigeria if…
- Former Milwaukee drug pusher shifting focus to mental health
- Mark Taylor believes mental health crisis will only worsen
- Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews promises royal commission into mental health
- Hong Kong Unrest Threatens Mental Health Epidemic Among Territory's Young People, Advocates Warn
- Can call centre therapy solve the NHS mental health crisis?
- Revolution needed to tackle Britain’s mental health crisis
- Mental health service gaps affecting Tasmanians of all ages
- A safe space: NHS unit on frontline of child mental health crisis
- Calls for mental health tests for troops as two from same regiment take own lives
Mental Health Screening and Psychotropic Drugs May Contribute to Violence and Suicide have 298 words, post on world.einnews.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.