A WEB company boss stole £30,000 from his mum’s credit card at just 17 years old to start up his £150million business. Andrew Michael, from Cheltenham, stole the cash for his A-level project in 1997 – a website business offering email and web services to companies – which needed fibre optic broadband in order to expand. He and his friend and business partner Alex Wielding had to pay for excavations to lay broadband cables, and they did so over the phone with Andrew’s mum’s credit card details. Fortunately the huge risk paid off and his business was a huge success – meaning he could pay the credit card bill – and the boys cashed in plenty themselves. Andrew told the BBC’s The Boss: “By the end of the month we had enough clients and money to pay for the internet line and the advertising”. Although it isn’t clear when his mum found out about the stolen cash, Andrew claims she eventually forgave him for the misdemeanour. HOW HE MADE HIS MILLIONS The business partners attended St Edward’s School in Oxfordshire from 1990 to 1991, a £8,270-a-year private school that takes boarders. Andrew made the decision not to continue his education into… Read full this story
- Derry Girls aloud: Stars of hit comedy on becoming national treasures
- How old is Sarah Harding, when did she split from ex-boyfriend Chad Johnson and is she friends with Girls Aloud co-star Cheryl?
- Cheryl enjoys rare night out as she hits the town with Girls Aloud bandmates Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts
- Coronation Street’s Tina O’Brien and Nicola Thorpe lead the glam at the soap’s Christmas party in Manchester
- Victoria Beckham turns heads in bright red frock as she throws Christmas party at her London fashion store
- Film Review: Office Christmas Party
- 'Moana' ho ho ho-lds off 'Office Christmas Party,' retains number one spot for third week running
- Coronation Street actor Alex Bain becomes a DAD aged 17
- Disney selling Halloween, Christmas party tickets
- War On Christmas Resumes? NPR’s Nina Totenberg Regrets Saying “Christmas Party”
Web boss stole £30k off mum to launch business aged 17 and is now worth £150million and had Girls Aloud at his Christmas party have 346 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.