Two myths stand in the way of boards understanding the threats posed by cyber attacks and ensuring their businesses can be safe against cyber criminals and hackers.These misconceptions about cyber security were identified by Ciaran Martin, CEO of the National Cyber Security Centre – the cyber arm of GCHQ – who warned organisations: “There isn’t much of an excuse any longer for not knowing about security as a business risk”.First, too many organisations still believe that all cyber attacks are targeted, meaning that unless they’re specifically selected as the objective of a hacking campaign, they won’t fall victim. Second, some board level executives don’t engage with cyber security because they believe it too be too complicated – in some cases even being fearful of the complexities they perceive as being involved.Speaking at the European Information Security Summit in London, Martin warned there are still businesses which believe they will not be in the sights of cyber criminals, so aren’t at risk from suffering the negative effects of a cyber attack.”Tell that to the Western business leaders hit by NotPetya in the summer of 2017,” he said, referring to the malware campaign launched against Ukraine by Russia, which quickly spread around the world,… Read full this story
- New Spyware Bill Targets Botnets, Increases Funding for Cyber Security
- Think Home Security by Choosing the Right Door Locks
- Debunking Myths on Using Hypnosis to Stop Smoking
- How To Do Data Recovery, Data Security, Data Backup The Right Way
- Secured Personal Loans - The Right Choice For A Secured Future
- Foreclosure Listings in California - How To Search For The Home You Want, Stop Foreclosure
- All the Spyware Security You Need: For Free
- The Best Secured Loans Need An Expert's Help To Find
- Secured Loan - Needs at Feasible Terms
- Sales Success Tip-Does Your Prospect Have a Need or a Want?
Two cyber security myths you need to forget right now, if you want to stop the hackers have 315 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.