Musician R. Kelly, real name Robert Kelly, was given a $1 million bond by a Chicago judge on Saturday, just one day after he was arrested. The R&B artist does not have the funding to immediately post bail, according to his lawyer Steve Greenberg. While Kelly does not have the immediate $100,000 to post bail, Greenberg said the musician is confident he will be able to produce the money, as reported by ABC correspondent Linsey Davis on Twitter Saturday afternoon. According to Davis, Kelly also owes close to $162,000 in child support. Greenberg held a press conference Saturday to answer questions about Kelly’s recent indictment. R. Kelly is accused of sexual abuse by a handful of women, including some who were minors at the time of abuse. During the press conference, Greenberg also said Kelly’s defense is pleased with the bail, given the 10 counts of sexual abuse Kelly is being charged for. The attorney spoke on Kelly’s possible innocence. “Right now he’s presumed innocent,” he said according to CNN. “We haven’t seen any reason to believe that these allegations are credible. Mr. Kelly is strong, he’s got a lot of support and he’s going to be vindicated on all… Read full this story
- ***Live Updates*** Democrats Debate in Ohio
- 3 Reasons to Join a Membership Site to Learn How to Make Money Online
- Making Money Online With Affiliate Marketing
- Perry Says Trump Asked Him to Call Giuliani: Impeachment Update
- Man accused in probe of Giuliani associates is freed on bail
- The Latest: Defendant in Giuliani associates probe gets bail
- Biden defends himself from Trump attacks at debate — live updates
- Almost One in 10 Shifted to Back Inquiry: Impeachment Update
- Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade deletes vulgar Instagram post
- Who Says Network Marketing Doesn't Work?
R. Kelly Indictment Update, Latest: Singer Doesn't Have Enough Money To Post Bail at This Time, Lawyer Says have 290 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 23, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.