caption “Doom Patrol” source DC Universe/Warner Bros. DC Comics and Warner Bros.’ streaming service, DC Universe, launched five months ago, and just debuted its third original program, “Doom Patrol,” to critical acclaim. The mobile app has passed 1 million installations on the App Store and Google Play, according to mobile markets insights company Sensor Tower, and has momentum behind it. DC Universe told Business Insider that the biggest upticks in free-trial sign-ups, aside from the initial launch, have corresponded with the premiere of new originals, and more than 7 million comics have been read on the service. The platform has so far been directed at a specific fanbase, but experts say attracting casual viewers and exclusive content will be a key to its longevity. When DC Comics and Warner Bros.’ DC Universe streaming service launched in September, it labeled itself as the “ultimate DC membership” for fans, a place where the DC Comics fandom could watch their favorite movies, read their favorite comics, and gain access to exclusive original content for $7.99 a month. That focus was a contrast to prominent streaming services like Netflix, which has nearly 140 million subscribers worldwide and appeals to wide range of audiences. And… Read full this story
- DC Universe Issues Statement Denying Rumors Of Streaming Service's Demise
- Michael B Jordan pegged as potential Superman replacement after news Henry Cavill will not return as DC hero
- Is Henry Cavill Done With Superman After Signing up for Netflix's 'The Witcher'?
- Inside ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths,’ CW’s Mind-Bending DC Crossover Event
- Is Marvel's Moon Knight Getting a Netflix Series?
- The best TV performances of 2019
- Not ready for prime time: 18 animated series that didn’t make it a full season
- HDR TV: What it is and why your next TV should support it
- Disney prepares to strike back at Netflix
- Will the new TV golden age produce the first $20m per show series?
DC Universe is off to a hot start with 3 original TV series that rival Netflix in quality, but it has a big challenge ahead have 308 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.