David Goricki The Detroit News Published 11:13 PM EST Jan 25, 2019 Farmington Hills — Olivia Moore showed her senior leadership with both teams struggling with its shooting Friday night, leading a late first-half run to help Birmingham Marian take control on the way to a 48-35 Catholic League win over Farmington Hills Mercy. Marian — 11-0 and ranked No. 5 in The News Super 20 poll — defeated Mercy 60-41 a week ago. With Marian and Mercy combining for 8-of-38 shooting, Moore took it upon herself to make a 3-pointer, then score off a steal to start a 10-0 run to end the half and give Marian a 27-11 lead. Moore, a 5-foot-9 senior point guard, finished with 17 points, five rebounds and five assists to help Marian (6-0 Central) open up a two-game lead on Mercy (8-3, 4-2) in the division race. “We weren’t playing as good offensively as we usually do so I pushed myself to get the job done because I wanted to win this game, especially since we beat them a lot the last time around,” Moore said. “We still played well defensively and Coach (Mary Cicerone) really preaches it. She cares more about defense… Read full this story
- The Stars Of Women's Basketball's First Dynasty Just Want To Be Remembered
- Candace Parker reflects on returning to basketball career 53 days after giving birth admitting: 'It’s made me who I am'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Better Medicare Alliance - Dems unveil impeachment measure; Vindman splits GOP
- Houston HS basketball primer: Feb. 23
- Ranking the Top 100 And 1 best players in college basketball entering the 2019-20 season
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by JUUL Labs - Trump attack on progressive Dems draws sharp rebuke
- Olivia Wilde looks effortlessly elegant in a white dress as she's honored at the Hollywood Film Awards
- 'There's NO respect, staff have lost control': Pupils and parents tell of brutal mob rule at Birmingham school as teachers plan second strike over knife fears and escalating violence
- Olivia Newton-John's final 'Grease' ensemble fetches $405K
- To me, to you, to GLORY! ChuckleVision is named best Children's BBC TV show ever ahead of Blue Peter and Grange Hill
Olivia Moore paces Birmingham Marian in basketball win over Farmington Hills Mercy have 361 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at January 25, 2019. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.