Getty ImagesDavid Livingston
- Jillian Michaels says she was disappointed in Al Roker’s response to her thoughts on the keto diet.
- Jillian also called Andy Cohen an “a—hole” after he called Jillian a “bad idea.”
- She says her thoughts on the diet are backed by research.
If you thought the ongoing keto feud between Jillian Michaels, Al Roker, and Andy Cohen was starting to calm down—well, you were wrong.
On a not-yet-released episode of theSkimm’s “Skimm’d From the Couch” podcast, Jillian discusses how upset she was by Al’s tweets calling her a bully in response to her passionate rant about the keto diet for Women’s Health.
(Just FYI: Al has been on the keto diet since September, according to TODAY—and Jillian doesn’t think the diet is a sustainable option for weight loss.)
“What’s so disappointing is that for years I’ve done the Today show. For years I’ve done segments with this guy,” Jillian said, adding that she never had any inclination that she wasn’t liked by the morning show’s team. “I was always greeted with the ‘Kiddo,’ right? And the big hug and the ‘How’s the family?’ and, like, I always thought we were homies.”
She also backed up her views on the keto diet being a “bad idea.” “I have three certifications. I do continuing education. I’m a certified nutritionist,” Jillian said on the podcast. Jillian also said she’s “not making up these studies,” in reference to her research on the keto diet, which she referenced in a post on her personal website in April.
And while her comments toward Al were still relatively tame, Jillian didn’t hold back with her criticism of Andy, the Watch What Happens Live host. “Andy Cohen, I mean, is just not a nice guy. And I’ve said that for many years,” said Jillian. “He’s, like, constantly looking for, like, a way to pick at me,” she said, “He doesn’t do keto. He doesn’t believe in keto. He’s just an a–hole.”
Whew. This just keeps getting more heated. Whether this debate has finally come to an end is unclear, but for now, Jillian’s here to finish what she (inadvertently) started.
- PS 22 youth chorus responds to Bravo host Andy Cohen's apology for Oscars diss with YouTube jab
- Andy Cohen Compares Carole Radziwill
- Anderson Cooper holds adorable 'nephew' Benjamin at Andy Cohen's house
- Criticized by fitness experts, reality show host Jillian Michaels defends herself and her new DVD
- Speidi responds to Al Roker interview: "'Lord Jesus, take this demon out!"
- Spencer Pratt slams Al Roker after his and wife Heidi Montag's interview was cut from 'Today' show
- 'Today' Al Roker is producing up a storm
- Al Roker gets a 'Wake Up' call with new Weather Channel series
- Al Roker's all tact on Adam Lambert snafu with 'Good Morning America'
- Al Roker examines pills & ills of drug abuse on MSNBC