Jillian Michaels, fitness trainer extraordinaire (and my arm inspiration), stopped by Women’s Health HQ to discuss some of her thoughts on topics like “revenge bodies” and the keto diet. And let’s just say: she. did. not. hold. back.
As part of Women’s Health’s “Rant Or Rave” video series, Jillian got heated over the keto diet—which she straight-up calls “a bad plan” (sorry, keto lovers!—and shares her thoughts on Botox (did she or didn’t she?), with a ton wedged in between.
Author of the recently published, The 6 Keys: Unlock Your Genetic Potential for Ageless Strength, Health, and Beauty, Jillian has a lot of knowledge to drop, so buckle up.
On the keto diet…
Jillian thinks following the keto diet is a bad move, and she can’t understand why anyone would want to do it. Instead Jillian recommends using exercising, limiting your processed sugars and grains, and keeping an eye on your calories. Bottom line: a balanced diet is all you need.
On revenge bodies…
“If giving your ex the finger motivates you, I say, go for it.” Jillian doesn’t see any issue with hitting the gym post-breakup to transform your body, but she warns “it’s a jumpstart to a dead battery.” It’ll get you going on your fitness journey, but you’ll need to find another, more sustainable, source of motivation for when (not if) you eventually get over your ex.
On carb alternatives…
Jillian is all for carb alternatives like zoodles or lettuce burger buns, because you can never go wrong with veggies. But it’s not like you need to completely unfriend carbs; they’re important too. “If you feel like you want pasta, the key is whole grain, go organic when you can, and work it into a balanced diet.”
FYI: She eats carbs alllll the time. And, I mean, look at her.
Jillian says she’s a fan of Botox. Because she’s super-expressive (evidence: this video) she’s opted for injections of the stuff around her eyes to get rid of lines and winkles.
“But the things that are going to protect your skin for the long run are going to be stuff that works for the inside out,” says Jillian.
She recommends opting for “sunscreen, a diet high in antioxidants, common sense with your fitness, stress management, and sleep,” too.
- Jillian Michaels Jabs Back at Al Roker, Andy Cohen in Keto Diet Cat Fight
- Jillian Michaels decries keto diet: 'A bad plan, for a million reasons'
- Does the Keto Diet Really Work? Jenna Jameson Calls 'Bulls**t' on Naysayers
- Is the Keto Diet Safe? Keto Foods, Benefits and Side Effects
- Keto Diet Now Includes Chipotle With New Keto Bowl Menu Item
- BurgerFi Unveils New Keto Diet-Friendly Burger
- Fitness maven Jillian Michaels looks to work out a deal for her Malibu home
- Jillian Michaels: 'Avoid the keto diet. Common sense.'
- Jillian Michaels doubles down on keto criticism after Al Roker diss
- Jenna Jameson 'calls bulls--t' on keto diet critics: ‘Only pushing my way of thinking’ and ‘healthy lifestyle’