Plans outlining the development of 1,200 new homes and community facilities have been given the green light despite concerns. Hartlepool Borough Council planning committee approved an outline application to develop the land south of Elwick Road in the High Tunstall area.The development will include 1,200 homes, a new distributor road, a pub, shopping facilities, a primary school and open spaces.This application was last considered by the planning committee in January when members were minded to approve the application subject to the final planning conditions being reported.At the previous meeting it was heard 482 letters of objection were submitted to the council in regard to the plans, raising concerns such as potential road issues, pressure on schools and health facilities, noise pollution and overdevelopment.Plans also include the applicant Tunstall Homes Ltd contributing more than £14million towards the proposed new Elwick by-pass, more than £3.5million for a new primary school site and £2million for secondary school provision.Council planning bosses said the positives outweigh the negatives of the development and recommended the proposal be approved, which was backed by the majority of councillors on the planning committee.Daniel James, planning team leader, said: “It is considered that the proposed development would, overall, positively benefit… Read full this story
- Apple gets green light for massive San Jose development
- Gas 'fracking' gets green light
- New Lisbon airport gets green light from environment watchdog
- Waymo gets green light for robot cars in California; no humans needed
- Boris Johnson’s plans to raise the minimum wage to £10.50 an hour get green light
- BT's £12.5bn EE takeover gets green light
- Friday afternoon news briefing: UK and EU to enter 'tunnel negotiations' on Brexit deal after EU 27 give 'green light'
- California green-lights cars without drivers
- More Stem Cell Medication Given Green Light
- Brexit latest news: EU leaders give Michel Barnier green light for 'tunnel' negotiations
Plans for 1,200 home development in Hartlepool gets green light have 299 words, post on www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.